Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you guys intrested in..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-guys-intrested-t71178.html)

lindyline 10-20-2010 01:46 AM

This sounds like fun. Must keep looking in on this one, especially if it ends up as a row by row round robin thingy(for want of a better explanation).

mary quite contrary 10-20-2010 01:50 AM

What does IRR stand for ? I know RR is for Round Robin.
JAS[/quote]

IRR International Round Robin

Qbee 10-20-2010 06:43 AM

I would love to be involved in a round robin or boomerang! Will be watching!

Marlys 10-20-2010 07:20 AM

I have never done one, but if a row by row starts after the holidays I would like to try it.

kreinhart742 10-20-2010 07:25 AM

I would love to be included in this either round robin or row by row. I have done a few round robins and you could also do a theme with them say someone wanted snowmen etc.

The row by row can get large so probably limiting the size of the height of the rows say having a minimum and maximum has been done with good success.

Another exchange idea might be a table runner exchange on a monthly basis just throwing ideas out there.

Please count me in on what is decided.

bookworm 10-20-2010 09:07 AM

I'm gonna work on hashing out a few ideas then I'll post it. I'm leaning towards a row robin to start in like January. So there would be a month or so for sign-ups then at least a month for everyone to make the first row.

Just me- Anything I run will be open to everyone. Actually that's a requirement of the swaps anyway :) All skill levels welcome. What I'm thinking is that you would make your first row and decide what you do and do not want in it. And which orientation you want your rows to be... either vertical or horizontal.

JAS - that would be a delay but it happens and I/we would have to deal with it when it happens (hoping that it doesn't) but if you have a month or two to work on it I think it would help keep everything moving.

Say groups of 5 people working on each? 12 1/2" unfinished rows? That would make a pretty decent sized quilt. It would leave you some room to put on your own border when you get it back. I do really like the idea of allowing the starter of each one to pick out what theme/colors they want. It would defiantly allow for more creative work....

Throwing ideas around in my head....

maine ladybug 10-20-2010 09:13 AM

What about a purse or bag of some sort exchange?

Bluphrog 10-20-2010 09:17 AM

What's a boomerang?

Originally Posted by Qbee
I would love to be involved in a round robin or boomerang! Will be watching!

bookworm 10-20-2010 09:35 AM

A boomerang is where you send out fat 1/8th then they come back to you as a block. I suspect that there will be another one sooner or later.

bookworm 10-20-2010 09:37 AM

I have something fun in the works :) Just waiting for approval