Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you guys intrested in..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-guys-intrested-t71178.html)

bookworm 10-19-2010 08:27 PM

My lovely Winter Block Swap has reached its end :( and while I have the Winter Dear Jane Swap running I feel motivated to get another one going....

Some ideas..... some sort of round robin? Could be interesting to get one started with the new year. A buddy swap?

How about a Christmas Stocking swap? That could be interesting....

I'm willing to host but I'm low on ideas, so tell me what you guys want to do and I'll run something :)

mrspete 10-19-2010 08:30 PM

I like the stocking swap idea. would we make 12 as we did in the block swap? Wow

bookworm 10-19-2010 08:31 PM

I was thinking if we did that we would do a buddy one. One stocking for one person type of thing. That way all your creative genius could come out :)

mom-6 10-19-2010 08:34 PM

Love the idea of a stocking swap! Hope I can figure a way to have time to do it!!!

JAS 10-19-2010 09:01 PM

Only ideas:
Row by Row with a theme...each row differnt example: Winter -snowman -santas-reindeers-steaming cups of favorite hot drink each cup using differnt fabrics- mittens-ginger bread houses- ginger bread men/or ladies -snow globes.
or a subject: Houses each row being differnt ones
or a holiday: Easter- chocolate bunnies -baskets-flowers -maybe combind a row with of 2 or more things basket of flowers..
Could be combination of pieced, paper pieced , appliqued, redwork, foundation done like a sampler ...then everyone would have a taste of different quilting/sewing techiques..
JAS

bookworm 10-19-2010 09:12 PM

What about a row by row where the theme is picked by the starter of each quilt?

Say you have to start with a row....up to 60" long and then you pass it to the next person. You declare your theme when you sign up. Say I want a black and white themed quilt.

The first row could be 5 sampler blocks. Then the next person decides to to applique, then the next does.... embroidery... or they do another sampler. This make sense? Kinda like the IRRs but in rows instead.

quilterella 10-19-2010 11:12 PM

I like that idea. I will keep watching this one!

mmonohon 10-19-2010 11:16 PM

I would love to do a row by row. Sounds fun.

JAS 10-19-2010 11:18 PM

Sounds ok.*Only delay would be if a person who was to be next was late doing so or dropped out and did not let you know ahead of time what what...*Color could be a problem with some if one dislike say purple( I know who would not like purple) and it was picked to be use. Would you have a choice and do it there own colors? I doubt there are any Quilting Police here. * Would there be a row height? Would look nice to me if not all rows were same in height.
I think it would make very interesting rbr/sampler.

What does IRR stand for ? I know RR is for Round Robin.
JAS

plainpat 10-20-2010 01:08 AM

Maybe it'd work better if started after holidays? Do you need to be an expert quilter to join? That'd leave me out. How many rows to finish? Just thinking out loud, it's still early am :-)
Does each person make their own 1st row?Do you say what colors you do/do not want used?