Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you making for Christmas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-making-christmas-t74611.html)

Re 11-08-2010 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by donnacrazylady

Originally Posted by jdavis
The only thing I'm making (and it's only in the planning stages) is a quilted Christmas stocking made to look like my mother's broken ankle with cast, and toes sticking out. Her cast is purple. I'm thinking of using the crazy quilt idea.
I guess you'd call it a gag gift.

I hope you'll post a picture when you're finished. I'd love to see it!

Also, Cabinqltr posted a link for a tutorial for snap bags back on page 2 for those who missed it:
http://tatteredgarden.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html

Donna

Donna...Thanks for the link..I must have missed it. I have now saved it to my favorites..hope to make a few.
Re

skywalker 11-08-2010 02:04 PM

A twin size rag quilt..thanx to the board for the pattern I'm using , only slightly enlarged.

catrancher 11-08-2010 02:40 PM

Pocket hand warmers (6 pairs) and an iPhone case. Other than that, food items.

OraLee 11-08-2010 02:58 PM

What are pocket hand warmers ?

kathyd 11-08-2010 04:46 PM

4 Christmas sofa quilts. I'm using the fun-n-done method. I have 1 finished, #2's blocks are mostly done and #3 & 4 are all cut. The best part is that there is no hand work using this method. I'm also using up a lot of Christmas scraps. I pressed and cut all the strips last winter (after Christmas). These are for my 3 daughters and one of my nieces. Wish me luck!!!
I'm also making 2 baby dolls. 1 is completely finished and the second one is waiting for hair and a dress.

jetnica 11-08-2010 05:03 PM

12 Attachment(s)
I'm actually **thisclose** to being done with my christmas presents. I take care of the girls, and the boyfriend takes care of the boys.

I have to embroider two kitchen towels for my boyfriend's aunt, and then sew 5 fleece blankets for extended family's kids - i already put their names on them, just have to stitch together.

(they are super simple - one yard of front, one yard of back, embroider name, stitch right sides together, turn right side out, stitch again, done!)

Here are pictures of my finished projects:

Placemats & Napkins for my mom
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122176[/ATTACH]

Placemats & Napkins for my sister
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122177[/ATTACH]

Placemats & Napkins for my sister-in-law
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122181[/ATTACH]

Placemats & Napkins for my grandma
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122183[/ATTACH]

Apron & Towels for stepsister
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122184[/ATTACH]

Placemats for bf's mom
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122185[/ATTACH]

Placemats & Napkins for bf's sister
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122186[/ATTACH]

Coasters for bf's aunt #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122187[/ATTACH]

kitchen towels for bf's aunt #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122188[/ATTACH]

coasters for bf's aunt #2 (still need to make towels for her)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122189[/ATTACH]

Stocking for new baby nephew
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122191[/ATTACH]

example of finished fleece blankie (need to stitch together 5 of these)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122193[/ATTACH]

jetnica 11-08-2010 05:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
oh! I also have all of my friends' presents finished, but they need washed so i haven't photographed them all yet.

I made two table runners that match each couple's kitchen from the abundantly blessed pattern.

I also made this apron and napkins for a friend
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122194[/ATTACH]

And this wall-hanging for my secret quilt angelee here on the boards
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122195[/ATTACH]

connecticut quilter 11-08-2010 05:36 PM

I'am making my grandson's quilt's and table topper for my daughter. Christmas tree skirt.

jayelee 11-08-2010 07:03 PM

Tablerunners with placemats and napkins to match for everyone I also only do the girls my husband does the boys

stevendebbie25 11-08-2010 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by jetnica
I'm actually **thisclose** to being done with my christmas presents. I take care of the girls, and the boyfriend takes care of the boys.

I have to embroider two kitchen towels for my boyfriend's aunt, and then sew 5 fleece blankets for extended family's kids - i already put their names on them, just have to stitch together.

(they are super simple - one yard of front, one yard of back, embroider name, stitch right sides together, turn right side out, stitch again, done!)

Here are pictures of my finished projects:

If I'm not related, can I be adopted, I love your gifts... :wink: