Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you quilting goals for 2020? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-quilting-goals-2020-a-t308705.html)

WMUTeach 03-19-2020 06:56 PM

Guess I never posted my list for 2020. My goals were two retreats, finish a wedding quilt, complete 5 baby quilts by May and then one UFO per month and whittle away on my list of family members who have not yet gotten one of my quilts. Pretty lofty goals but if you don't try, you never succeed.

To Date: One retreat cancelled. Guess why? Starts with a "C" and has a number in it. Finished and gifted the wedding quilt. Two baby quilts finished, one more cut and ready to go even have the batting and back. Cleaned out my UFO basket and brought it down to four that I will finish this year. And, I finished one unexpected quilt, Stash Buster 2020.

I am going to do a Stay-at-home-Retreat the first week-end in April. So, I will be making kits, two done, so I will stay focused.

I am feeling good!

zozee 03-19-2020 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8370399)
Thanks for reviving this zo. I revisited my original post in this thread, and I have managed to finish a couple of UFO's. Thought I would get some T-shirts to start 2021 graduation quilt, but don't think family will be down for Easter this spring, so that project is on hold. I have been working on LO HST's and have a new goal with a project with those.

What’s LO?

oksewglad 03-20-2020 05:07 AM

Left Over;

A little off topic, but is any one making masks?

grannyQ 03-20-2020 08:13 AM

ok, I'm thinking of making masks for my daughter, she has 2 more times for chemo and don't know yet about surgery. .She gets so sick and I'm the only one that can help her, so not getting much done here.

Snooze2978 03-20-2020 08:23 AM

Right now I'm recouping from rotor cuff surgery so when I'm back in the saddle I'd like to get going on the 12 quilts waiting to be quilted. Had a "spa treatment" done to my Innova machine since i couldn't use her. In between quilting I'm hoping to get the 5 quilt projects I started done up to quilting them quilted. Figure that will take me the rest of the year to get to that point. During the summer my time will be split between the sewing room and the gardens outside. I'm downsizing what I'll be planting this year in the veggie garden but it still takes time, plus later in the Fall there will be canning and freezing to be done.

oksewglad 03-20-2020 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by grannyQ (Post 8370509)
ok, I'm thinking of making masks for my daughter, she has 2 more times for chemo and don't know yet about surgery. .She gets so sick and I'm the only one that can help her, so not getting much done here.

So sorry to hear this grannyQ...anything we can do for our loved ones, right? Hugs from my corner.

WMUTeach 03-20-2020 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8370463)
Left Over;

A little off topic, but is any one making masks?

I am not making masks. One of my guild members is all excited about this but she has not heard back from any medical facilities except a nursing home. I watched the video that was posted and I would need to go out to buy the very lightweight inner lining and 1/4 inch elastic. Unless we are sure the masks can be used, I am not going to give my time to mask making.

I did make five dog beds for our local ASCPA. I keep scraps of fabric and batting and use it as stuffing for the dog beds. Sure helped clean up sewing room.

oksewglad 03-20-2020 08:44 PM

I agree WMUTeach that until I get confirmation that they will be used, I won't make them either. Actually waiting to hear from a local hospital here in my rural area. If they want them, then I will make them. We do have Covid-19 in our county and the next one over.

rryder 03-21-2020 04:23 AM

Not making masks unless hospitals request them. So far we are being told that regular cloth masks do not protect against Spread of viruses due to the small size of the virus.

Revisiting my goals for 2020- I have been diligently working on UFOs. I wanted to finish one per month, so far I have completed either 4 or 5 and will hopefully have at least 2 more finishes this month, so I’ve actually done more work than I’d planned here. I have not once looked at EQ8 even though learning to use it was one of my goals. I have learned some new skills by working on Helen Godden’s 2017 BOM, but haven’t yet tried any of the nifty binding techniques that I saw at last years quilt shows.

I’m going to take Zozee’s lead and think about what goals I want to accomplish in this upcoming quarter. I’m also revising my yearly goals as some things are more important to me than others. For now, I'm taking the EQ8 goal off my list until I can eliminate some of the distractions that are in my quilting studio/office space. I’m adding a new goal for this quarter and that is to get caught up on my finished quilt storage pool noodle bags. So, my new goals for the upcoming quarter are:

1. Make pool noodle storage bags for Recently finished quilts.
2. Use the skills I learned doing the Helen Godden 2017 BOM to design and make a quilt. Work hard to prevent this quilt from becoming a UFO LOLOL
3. Finish 3 UFOs
4. get caught up on documenting my quilts

Rob