Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you working on this week? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-working-week-t191854.html)

blueeyez 06-17-2012 07:13 PM

I'll be finishing a baby quilt for a shower on Saturday.

emlee51 06-18-2012 11:38 AM

Cleaning and reorganizing (again!) my sewing room. Trying to make the things I use most more accessible. Also, looking at and getting rid of old quilting magazines. And.....working on UFOs, if there's any time left!

WilliP 06-18-2012 09:15 PM

This week I am working on completing Monthly Block Swaps and getting them mailed; Doing a Sunflower Dresden in pinks for a 9 year old girl with brain stem cancerous tumor --that has my back to the wiore getting a quilt done for her to have for the trips to treatments and back etc; any spare time I am designing squares for a sampler using the Fruit Ladies fabrics from Elizabeth Studios. Checking out the ten minute blocks as well as 4 patch posies amongst the squares I am trying to audition. Will be starting that tomorrow evening I think.

Normabeth 06-19-2012 05:14 AM

Just finished my great nieces and nephew's crazy template quilts. The baby quilt I did use my scraps, (have a lot of pink) only had to buy the backing, my nephews quilt is mostly made from scraps, had to buy 3 different fabrics and the backing to complete posted earlier about a "Heavy Quilt" once I photo them I will post. I am still trying to use up some scraps, the box is overflowing. found pattern to use scraps, Boxy Stars by Quiltville Custom Quilting - the only problem is that my scraps are very colorful, I cannot visualize how this will turn out as I usually need everything to match, may turn out to be a charity quilt. will post a picture when I am done.
NormaBeth

kathdavis 06-19-2012 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by WilliP (Post 5299780)
This week I am working on completing Monthly Block Swaps and getting them mailed; Doing a Sunflower Dresden in pinks for a 9 year old girl with brain stem cancerous tumor --that has my back to the wiore getting a quilt done for her to have for the trips to treatments and back etc; any spare time I am designing squares for a sampler using the Fruit Ladies fabrics from Elizabeth Studios. Checking out the ten minute blocks as well as 4 patch posies amongst the squares I am trying to audition. Will be starting that tomorrow evening I think.

I would love to see the Sunflower Dresden quilt in pink. That sounds very different and interesting. Perfect for a young girl, I'm sure.

kathdavis 06-19-2012 07:31 AM

Putting the words on my gray, black and yellow HST quilt. Yesterday, it was SIMPLIFY on one side, which my husband thinks is ironic since I'm a quilter and my quilting closet is far from simplified. Today, on the back side, it is project words, like: INSPIRE, BELIEVE, CREATE, IMAGINE, and DREAM. I have all the letters cut out and ready to row. I love appliqueing because if you want something on your quilt, BAM! it's there in a heart beat. My quilts are all two sided, because I have too many ideas in my head and don't need 2000 quilts. Can't wait to show you.

kat112000 06-19-2012 07:46 AM

Every Tuesday night a few of us gather at my neighbours house to quilt. We are working on the Amy Butler Weekender Bag. The woman who is teaching us to make it was given horrible news that her cancer has spread and no further treatments can help her. She is only 37! So she is anxious for us to finish our bags before she runs out of time. We are having tons of laughs and cries and these bags are going to be treasured by all of us!

kountrykreation 06-19-2012 07:59 AM

Going to start working on my first ever applique pattern, the Trophy, from Bigfork Cotton Co. Lots and lots of tiny pieces, and looks like it will take forever to complete

barny 06-19-2012 08:02 AM

I'm trying to use my longarm I've had for 5 years. Just drives me nuts. I just came downstairs to see what everyone else is doing.ha.