Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you working on this week? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-working-week-t191854.html)

nycquilter 06-15-2012 02:43 PM

I just finished a birthday quilt for my cousin's 50th. There are about 20 photos in it, each the center of a star with each star being different. Then, I couldn't figure quite what to do so I made a kitty caddy and she is darling. I hemmed and hawed and finally decided to make a scrap quilt from squares I already had cut--2-1/2x6-1/2 and 2-1/2x2-1/2. Yesterday, I made all the individual blocks and today have started sewing them together into the pieced top. I think after I take the bread out of the oven, I'll go do some more. I'd like this to be a quick project that maybe I can get quilted soon.

117becca 06-15-2012 02:47 PM

i want to get this d9p marked and basted. It's going to be 90s this weekend and for the foreseeable future...:thumbdown:

DogHouseMom 06-15-2012 02:50 PM

Two or three projects .... in the following order

Make a sewing case for a QB swap. I need to purchase some wool for the inside.

Purchase fabric for and make a chemo quilt for a good friend who had her first chemo treatment last week. Planning on a "jelly roll race" with bright colors (need to purchase) with an applique on top - a life size (or close to it) black silhouette of a woman in a sexy pose, and words appliqued in black. Won't tell you what it's going to say yet :)

Finish the baby quilt for my 2nd grandchild due in October. I need to finish putting the rows together, buy the fabric for the applique, and sew the applique on.

dakotamaid 06-15-2012 02:51 PM

I'm experimenting with different sizes of Disappearing 4 patch. I sewed a 12 inch, a 8 inch and a 6 inch. (finished sizes.) I like the 8 the best. Used the same fabrics for all 3. Going to do some donation quilts for kids with the 6 inch. Bit hard to sew as I'm wearing a neck collar due to my vertigo. That will pass in a day or so, than on to more sewing.

Sewnoma 06-15-2012 03:04 PM

I happen to be on vacation next week, and I've set aside four whole days to do nothing but finish up several lap-sized quilts I've started but not finished. I also need to design a pair of similar-but-not-the-same quilts for my cousin's two boys (age 2 and 4) and hopefully get a start on those. I can't wait!

Raggiemom 06-15-2012 03:13 PM

I finished a queen sized quilt earlier this week and am making some clothes now. I also have a couple small quilts to finish.

psquared52 06-15-2012 03:22 PM

Just finished binding a donation quilt to a local Alzheimer's Walk group. It's the second one I've made and I am very glad it's almost ready to be handed over. I get bored easily and has learned while the first quilt is fun and exciting...the second one is not!

psquared52 06-15-2012 03:24 PM

Vertigo is no fun! Never heard of wearing a collar though. Maybe I don't have it often enough. Hope you feel better soon.

joyce888 06-15-2012 03:46 PM

Unfortunately I'm not working on a quilt. Instead I'm making a new canopy and cushion coverings for a swing. The canopy alone took 7 yards (56" wide) of fabric and the cushions over 4 yards. SOO glad when it's done!

Krisb 06-15-2012 03:51 PM

Finish binding June doll quilt and mail.
Finish three other blocks promised.
Press some new fabric I bought (all 50% off).
Finish at least one block of the Dizzy Geese UFO.