Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are your sewing goals for today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-sewing-goals-today-t70619.html)

lots2do 10-17-2010 07:08 AM

I'm making goody bags for my students out of Halloween fabric - need 19. I'm going to go through my patterns to find a handbag that I might be motivated to make for myself. Other than that, schoolwork and a little tidying.

Chasing Hawk 10-17-2010 07:11 AM

I hope to get into my sewing room today. I have to get that quilt done so I can wash my DNA off of it.....LOL

Plus I have to get a few more goodies started and finished in time to send off for Christmas presents.

sunflower126 10-17-2010 07:31 AM

No sewing today although quilting will be on my mind. We are heading east to Lancaster for 3 days of shopping at the quilt shops--Burkholders, Sauders, Weavers, Goods etc. Have my projects ready to go. See you on Wednesday night.

ashlett 10-17-2010 07:47 AM

I have put two quilts together ready to quilt. They are for my two eldest grand-sons. I have done a roast, cleaned out my hens and fed 6 ponies. Sunday night I watch telly. :-)

clem55 10-17-2010 07:54 AM

Going to undo everything I sewed last Sunday!! Old machine and new seams don't jive, plus I discovered I was off about 1/8 inch on several of my strip cuts, so need to get those out and re-cut new ones. Doesn't sound like much, but I had three strips to a set, and about 20 sets done. Now why those strips didn't show up at the begining I'll never know!! But I'l be putting the ripper and new machine to work today.

MaryStoaks 10-17-2010 07:58 AM

I'm trimming the jump stitches from the back of my big project, a 50 state birds machine embroidered quilt that I quilted last night. The backing is tiny little flowers print so it's hard to see the threads.

kellen46 10-17-2010 08:46 AM

Today I will clean the kitchen and finish piecing the blocks for a sailboat baby quilt. Not necessarily in that order.

grammyp 10-17-2010 10:15 AM

Ok, reading your list has made me tired. Think I will take a nap now. My goal is to get my machine back in it's cabinet and make some blocks for an exchange. Then maybe some chocolate.

Treasureit 10-17-2010 10:24 AM

I was all excited to work on a quilt for my soon coming GS and then realized I must have left the pattern book at the fabric store when I was buying the fabric. Now I am stuck until I can get a new book. Anyone have a copy of Buggy Barn quilt book called Those Crazy Kids they don't need?

Since that project is at a stand still I am floundering for my direction.

grann of 6 10-17-2010 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by grammyp
Ok, reading your list has made me tired. Think I will take a nap now. My goal is to get my machine back in it's cabinet and make some blocks for an exchange. Then maybe some chocolate.

Yah, my list made me tired too. I did get my laundry done and hung on drying racks on my deck. Ran out of room. I finished another QFK, one more to go, but not today. Got a runner top together and can't find my new can of basting spray. Walked past my 55 gal. fish tank and saw that my 12" long rainbow cichlid I have had for over 5 years, since he was the size of a quarter, is on deaths door step. So my energetic list has hit a brick wall. I think it is "wine o'clock" and time for a break. Don't you just hate it when somebody throws a monkey wrench in great plans?!?!?!