Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's missing in your stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-missing-your-stash-t126978.html)

meinreno 06-01-2011 04:31 PM

I can send you some of my pinks. I seem to have more pinks then anything else.

AddieLou 06-01-2011 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by pjemark
I have realized that what I am missing are solids and small tone on tones. I just came to this realization yesterday when I decided that I was going to try and make a quilt entirely from stash. I have a lot of stash- not as much as many of you but enough- so I thought - why don't I have solids and tone on tones? And I concluded that it's because "they aren't fun to buy". So, I'm going to force myself to concentrate on adding these items to my stash. What about you?

I agree. I had the same problem. Couldn't believe I had to buy more with all I already had. But what I have is the fun stuff, too.

Airwick156 06-01-2011 04:51 PM

I think what is missing in my stash is "That person that should make me quilt tops with all of it". Just think how it would be so cool to go to your "quilt Pantry" and grab a quilt top that is completed and all you have to do is put the binding on. But then....that would take all the fun out of making them ourselves. LOL. What is missing in mine is every color that I don't have. I want to get some pinks as I have a little 14 month old neice in law I really want to make a few quilts for. :)

RDM 06-01-2011 04:52 PM

I have the same problem when trying to pull from stash. Missing tone on tones, reds & blues.

donnalynett 06-01-2011 05:24 PM

White on white......

Bev 06-01-2011 05:33 PM

[/quote] I dont have a lot of tone on tone or solids either. But I don't really feel the need to add them. There are too many shades of colors. I find that I like big prints. And just prints in general :) So when I want a tone on tone to go with it I would rather buy however much I need of exactly the right color. With my luck I would buy 10 shades of green and when I went to make something from my stash, I still wouldn't have the right shade of green. For me it works to just buy them as I go.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I have a pretty good size stash, but always go out and get the tone on tones etc, when I need them to go with something.

8-)

canuckninepatch 06-01-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier

Originally Posted by pjemark
I have realized that what I am missing are solids and small tone on tones. I just came to this realization yesterday when I decided that I was going to try and make a quilt entirely from stash. I have a lot of stash- not as much as many of you but enough- so I thought - why don't I have solids and tone on tones? And I concluded that it's because "they aren't fun to buy". So, I'm going to force myself to concentrate on adding these items to my stash. What about you?

I dont have a lot of tone on tone or solids either. But I don't really feel the need to add them. There are too many shades of colors. I find that I like big prints. And just prints in general :) So when I want a tone on tone to go with it I would rather buy however much I need of exactly the right color. With my like I would buy 10 shades of green and when I went to make something from my stash, I still wouldn't have the right shade of green. For me it works to just buy them as I go.

You wrote exactly what I was thinking!!! :lol:

butterflies5518 06-01-2011 06:07 PM

a bigger room to quilt in so I could buy more!

coachmatthewsvhs 06-01-2011 06:15 PM

I find my stash is rich in jewel tones and prints.... really short on pastels and lights!!! Also no solids (except black)

pab58 06-01-2011 06:29 PM

What's missing in my stash?? MORE STASH!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: