Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-most-unusual-item-youve-ever-made-t125070.html)

grammy Dwynn 05-23-2011 05:20 AM

DH requested a leather gear shift boot cover. First time I sewed leather. DH was impressed, still looks good on his car ;)

Awesumpunk 05-23-2011 05:20 AM

a Pineapple Block

CarrieAnne 05-23-2011 05:25 AM

A gun case for my DSs deer hunting gun. Made it from a leg from some blue jeans!

writerwomen 05-23-2011 05:29 AM

Perhaps the question is not what I made but what I turned down.
Some years ago while working as a dental assistant in Milwaukee WI I walked in the op and heard the Doctor tell the patient I had a sewing business so to ask if I'd do the work she was looking for. He had no idea what she was looking for just needed a seamstress.
As the dctor was out of the room she explained she needed an alteration o a swim suit. (she was a big gal) I kept trying to figure out what she meant by it being too big and why not just buy a new one. Finally I understood. It was the begining of that aweful craze for thong swim suits and she was wanting me to turn her swim suit into one. I pulled out a length of dental floss and gave it to her and told her that was as far as I was willing to go. The doctor about dropped his teeth when he realized what she was wanting. I had several calls of desperate Mom's late Thursday wanting a custome wedding gown for Saturday. They'd flip out sure it was very unprofessional and how could I call my sell one if I couldn't make a gown in a day.
Those types of things are when I realized I really didn't want to sew on demand like that.

brendadawg 05-23-2011 05:50 AM

For me, it was the lion, elephant, parrot, and cow costumes I made for my teacher daughter's school production.

Deborah12687 05-23-2011 06:11 AM

I was asked to make fabric flower bouquets for the tables out of quilting fabric for a wedding.

mhansen6 05-23-2011 06:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made Halloween costumes for my daughters years ago.
One year they were Snow White and Dopey, the next year Raggedy Ann and Andy and one year a pricess and a Unicorn.

Here is a picture of my favorite

MzMcKee 05-23-2011 06:54 AM

I made a microphone cozie. The microphone is from a CB Radio (husband's hobby) on a stand. It was all gold plated and the person using it didn't want to wear the plating so he asked if I could make a cover for it and he would still be able to use it. So I did, a microphone cozie. <shrug>

AngieS 05-23-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
I made Halloween costumes for my daughters years ago.
One year they were Snow White and Dopey, the next year Raggedy Ann and Andy and one year a pricess and a Unicorn.

Here is a picture of my favorite

That is an ADORABLE picture!! Truly adorable!!

cindyw 05-23-2011 07:38 AM

mhansen6, cute little girls and great costumes!