Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's next? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-next-t15030.html)

mpeters1200 03-30-2009 12:02 PM

Made sure to post about the avatar and forgot to post about my progress!! Silly girl I am.

I am still quilting away at my queen size in my little lap frame. I work an hour or two each night. It's good to relax before going to bed anyway.

I did cross cut all the strips for the 3 D9P's and discovered that I was originally short in cutting the original strips. So, I have to get out all the fabric and cut enough out for two more blocks for each one....so only 6 more blocks to go!!

GailG 03-30-2009 02:32 PM

Today, I wasted a whole lot of time putting a quilt sandwich together. Don't like how is looks. Will remove all of the pins and start over. I get so mad at myself when I waste time like that. I may as well have been taking a nap. :roll:

MadQuilter 03-30-2009 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
p.s. every time I see your avatar, I expect him to speak to me...in that superhero voice... :lol:

His favorite saying: Well smear my butt with honey and tie me to an ant hill. That's pretty superheroish, huh? lol

mpeters1200 03-30-2009 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
His favorite saying: Well smear my butt with honey and tie me to an ant hill. That's pretty superheroish, huh? lol

Oh Mylanta!!

Mousie 03-30-2009 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by GailG
Today, I wasted a whole lot of time putting a quilt sandwich together. Don't like how is looks. Will remove all of the pins and start over. I get so mad at myself when I waste time like that. I may as well have been taking a nap. :roll:

Gail, Gail, Gail, lol,...so you goofed, it got you back to the machine didn't it? It's not fun to realize you messed up, but at least your trying. I'm proud of you...and see, your not gonna give up either, double great,...and you thought you didn't accomplish anything :wink:

MadQuilter, I can see him saying something like that.:D

Melissa, your avatar holds more meaning, now that I know what it says and why.
I always treated my kids like each was unique. My time with them was just me and that person :wink:
I admire ppl for handquilting. Fibro. messes with my sleep-quality, so I know that if I get too still, I would fall asleep.
I have many magazines and files that need going thru, but I'm just not making much headway.
I am working on a project that is small, but tedious. Will get back to it, just taking a break.
So anxious to get going on the roses/tulips quilt, but also chomping at the bit to make all four grandbabies a spring outfit, just a little shorts set or sundress. Need to make an appt. to get two of their pics taken, and thought I would make their outfits. well, better get moving on her for a bit and go.

Mousie 04-05-2009 07:12 PM

Let me tell you, as you get older, you may not do as much work in quantitiy as you did, 20 years ago, but you still feel like you did that much.
I have been jumping back and forth all week, between two projects. One is a don't tell yet, and the other is, for a family in need. That one has become pretty big. I just can't do anything without going almost whole hog. So, anywho, I am tarred...baabyy, aahhmm, sooo tarred.:wink:
hubby had tv on, while I was working at dining room table, carrie underwood just became country music's entertainer of the year, woo hoo...and Taylor Swift got album of the year!...just thought I would throw that fyi in there, lol! I listen to all kinds of music, especially while sewing. I gotta get these two projects done, so I can tell my sweetie pie, she can come spend the night. Nana just can't get that kind of stuff done, when she's here. I want my time with her, to be ALL about her.
Gonna post some pics of sewing room etc. soon, so for now, happy quilting/creating everybody! :D

mpeters1200 04-06-2009 05:32 AM

taking a week hiatus as the boys are home for Spring Break. I can work on their surprises during the day, and I'm so worn out at night from running around after them that I am just beat. I know better than to stitch when tired.

We got snow in april, which doesn't happen often. We made a snowman and it melted by the end of the day. The ground was really warm. Bitter cold winds last night, but we are supposed to be near 70 for next weekend.

GailG 04-06-2009 08:32 AM

We were surprised with cold and breezy air this morning. Just makes we want to cuddle up with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa. I sewed one seam, put it away, and grabbed my book.

Mousie 04-06-2009 08:53 AM

sounds like everybody is right in tune with their inner selves. :thumbup:

okie3 04-06-2009 01:17 PM

mp, love your avatar--- I have a 10 year old grandson that has autism, so I recoginised the the puzzle ribbon. Excuse the spelling. We are thankful though that his is mild and he is doing very well in main stream school. We lucked out when they found out he had it they were stationed in Augusta GA. (son is in the army) where there are so many centers for autism and other handicaps, and he and my son and his wife all got training on helping him at home as well as the other thearpy he got at the centers. WE WERE BLESSED!!
Autism is so different in each person that has it. You are on my prayer list.