Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's sad about being a quilter... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-sad-about-being-quilter-t158224.html)

mtspools 10-05-2011 03:03 PM

I have 2 one my sis made an 1 my daughter gave me. got 2 or 3 I have made myself. I feel very lucky!!

Aully 10-05-2011 03:16 PM

I have afgans from my grandma's and 1 of my aunt's, I will never get rid of them. 1 of them is my baby blanket I got when I was born which was 24 years ago, it has seen better days. The other 1 is big enough for a queen bed and the other is a couch size.

I have not made quilts for family members before because it costs me alot of money to make them and also my mom despises quilts and told me never to give her one cause it would go to the trash. I may make my dad a quilt some day as my parents are divorced.

I do make quilts for charity. I also make most quilts for my home, which is not many yet.

When we plan to get married I wish someone would make us a wedding ring quilt, I love them so much. I find that they look hard to make though but if it comes down to it I will make our own for us 1 day.

Dolphyngyrl 10-05-2011 03:42 PM

Not true. I have a quilt my aunt made me. I still love it!!!!

Phannie1 10-05-2011 03:45 PM

I get the joy of giving more than keeping. I do not think there is anyone in my family or group of friends that would invest the time to do a quilt or anything that they would give to anyone, let alone me.

gramajo 10-05-2011 03:47 PM

My DD now has the baby quilt my grandmother made for me almost 69 years ago. It won 1st at the Will County Fair this year. lol I think that's hilarious.

Cattyqwltr 10-05-2011 04:01 PM

I'm very blessed. My sister who got me into quilting made me a quilt a few years back but before that she was one of the first recipients of my quilting efforts.

Jennifer22206 10-05-2011 04:02 PM

I don't have a quilt of my own, or one given to me. Funny, never thought of that before. :)

I've done doll quilt swaps, and I love them, so if you do count that - then I've got about a dozen made just for me.

But, as a lap quilt or larger, nope.

carolaug 10-05-2011 04:03 PM

Noone has a glue how much it cost to make them a quilt....and of course we do not make enough for ourselves

Quiltinelaine 10-05-2011 04:07 PM

I made a scrappy about eight yrs ago and right after I finished it and had it displayed on a chair: My lil dog, Addie got it in her head to chew a whole in it: Right, smack, dade, in the middle - OHHHH I was sick I tell you::: Needless to say I tried to "Patch" what I could and have had it on my bed ever since: Seems like my favorite thing: LOL

jaciqltznok 10-05-2011 06:38 PM

NOT true...my BFF and I did a quilt for each other...just so we could say we had a quilt made from someone else..hehehe

of course we used the same embroidered blocks, but our settings are different!
and she is hand quilting mine for me!