Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's Your Current Project? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-current-project-t271671.html)

Sandra-P 10-30-2015 10:00 AM

What's Your Current Project?

I am in between right now. My Kaffe Fasset Heritage Quilts book is to arrive today and I want to make the quilt on the cover of it for my niece as a wedding present. My sister said she likes Moroccan colors, hopefully I will choose the right colors for it.
Would love to hear what you are working on or planning to, big or small.

Irishrose2 10-30-2015 10:06 AM

Finishing a Jelly Roll Race quilt and a Christmas table runner for our church bazaar, then back to my second quilt using a Fantasia panel and batiks.
I've run into a problem with the binding on the jrr quilt. I am using a flanged binding and when I miter the join, the colors are off because the strips are not cut the same width. I can't remember how I worked around that in the past.

MissSongbird 10-30-2015 10:09 AM

I have a few in the works. I'm working on Christmas gifts mostly. I have blocks made (ready to be made into a top) for a blue and orange queen-sized bed quilt for my boyfriend. I have a top minus borders (in dark blues, light blues, gold, and silver) for a dance instructor of mine. I'm currently collecting fabric for a stain glass style quilt for my mom. And I just designed a quilt for myself made entirely for snowflake fabric, because darnit I deserve a quilt too lol

And good luck on your quilt. I bet your niece will love the end result.

Pat G 10-30-2015 10:36 AM

I'm working on a quilt with "10 Minute Blocks" with eagles as a theme. Making it for a special friend who helped me through a very difficult summer of emptying my home of 41 yrs. & getting it ready to sell.

Milli 10-30-2015 10:40 AM

Fidget Quilt for my sister and a majestic mountains quilt for her daughter who takes such good care of her.

Jeanne S 10-30-2015 10:45 AM

I am working on three baby quilts for a February charity auction event. One boy, one girl and one in gender neutral brights.

crafty pat 10-30-2015 10:48 AM

A Christmas table runner for my DD. I have just finished cutting out a queen size quilt for her.

tessagin 10-30-2015 11:09 AM

Christmas and doggie beds from Dh's undergarments and holey socks.

SherylM 10-30-2015 11:11 AM

I was planning to start an Irish chain quilt for my BFF this week, but right now I have a bum shoulder. The Chiropractor's been working on it and it's getting better, but until it's squared away, I can't wrangle fabric yardage.

I decided that this was a good time to start the scrappy string quilt that I've wanted to make for a while, since it's just working with small pieces of fabric. So I'm sitting here in front of the TV making my way through a pile of scraps and stash.

Boston1954 10-30-2015 11:12 AM

I have a Tumbler with Christmas fabrics for my sister. Not really working on it too much lately, but if I miss Dec. 25, her birthday is Jan. 16