Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's Your Current Project? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-current-project-t271671.html)

carly 03-03-2016 06:59 AM

My 2 sisters and myself have been cleaning up left over pieces and scraps. We have 20 lap size tops ready to be quilted and donated to local nursing homes. It sure feels good to get things cleaned up and have something beautiful come from it for someone else to enjoy!

Snooze2978 03-03-2016 07:56 AM

Quilting a bargello top this weekend, working on 3 quilt projects, a little at a time. Imagining the next project in line sitting on my project shelves. Had to make a chart with all the projects for this year so I know where I'm at with acquiring the fabrics, pattern decision, backing, etc. Kept ordering backing for projects I already had the backing for.

Chasing Hawk 03-03-2016 08:32 AM

My current project isn't as glamorous as most of yours. But it has to be done......

We had a frozen pipe in the shop, so we took out the sink, inspected all the plumbing to find the ice clog. It turned out to be a washer inside a valve got off kilter and stopped the flow of water. We got everything back together and now I am re-wrapping the exposed pipes. No pretty fabrics or threads to paw over, just yellow pipe insulation and pipe warmers......lol

Good news is I will be done today! And in my sewing room tomorrow to get myself into trouble. :)

lynnie 03-03-2016 09:36 AM

I'm now working on an EPP quilt for my bed. the top part is 60 degree stars in aqua's and white diamonds as connectors. this will be the top. borders to be figured out as I get there.

EasyPeezy 03-03-2016 09:51 AM

Starching the backing for my red and white quilt, aka my birth quilt.
Maybe I'll do some cleaning while the fabric is ready for ironing. ;)

Watson 03-03-2016 11:01 AM

FMQ-ing a queen size Square in a Square pattern on my domestic machine. I'm getting dizzy from all the circles I've done......Also have a long-time project wall hanging ready to bind. Not sure why I keep putting it off, but I just can't get around to doing it. Maybe I'm not ready for it to be done. ;) Also have a small wallhanging in the works in Spring colours with flowers that need to be appliqued.
I really need to win a lottery so I have more quilting time!

Watson

RedGarnet222 03-03-2016 01:06 PM

First I made three dresses for my 9 year old niece for summer. I ordered four new pairs of shorts and tops from penny's so that should make her happy.

I just finished up a round robin with a friend I did the center appliqued Japanese fan and some embroidery to the wedding ring fans she had made as part of the second round. Then I added a floral to the edge as a border to match the center fan.

Then I found a purple and robin's egg blue purse I had started before christmas and I am finishing that up for the diabetes auction in late spring.

I also just finished making a connecting threads kit up it is a full sized quilt top that was all blues and browns that has been hiding in my closet for four years. I will quilt it and use it for a wedding gift for my nephew who just announced his engagement. Perfect timing! LOL...

I also have to make a baby shower gift quilt for my niece in Arizona. That one will be fun, she is having a girl.

mcdaniel023 03-03-2016 01:56 PM

I am still working on a queen size DWR. It is ready to be quilted....finally. I had to take a lot of time off as my hubby recovers from some very serious heath issues. This is a quilt he wanted me to make. I told him it would be done in July....2015. :)

Terrytunes 03-04-2016 10:13 AM

I have one quilt waiting to be bound (binding sewn on), 2 at my long-arm quilter, so right now I'm doing a few small projects: sewing machine cover, Kitchen-Aid mixer cover, pin cushion, some zippered make-up bags for gifts, sewing machine foot non-slip pad, oven mitt for my father-in-law (I visited him and he had NONE!! Was using dish towels).
Sometimes I need a break from quilting to get a better perspective. I enjoy little projects.
I have several UFO quilts that are on my list next.
Teri