Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's your worst "flaw"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-your-worst-%22flaw%22-t101317.html)

jpthequilter 02-22-2011 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sierra

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
I guess my flaw would be that I hate finishing the quilt because it hurts my arms to move it around. I tire easily so it's a major chore to push that sucker thru the machine or even lift it. I also hate the cutting process.

USE GARDENING GLOVES. GET THEM SMALLER, SMALL BUMPS.

Use a big sheet of heavy clear plastic from the hardware store on your table and sewing machine. it is more slippery!

Crafty Chick 02-22-2011 10:31 AM

When I first started, I wanted perfection and beat myself up when things did not go right. Now, that I am older (and can't see quite as good), I strive for perfection, but settle for my best! A hard lesson learned!

GailG 02-22-2011 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Chick
When I first started, I wanted perfection and beat myself up when things did not go right. Now, that I am older (and can't see quite as good), I strive for perfection, but settle for my best! A hard lesson learned!

I agree with you on this point. Also, priorities change.

Laura22 02-22-2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by jemma
i have perfect seams +perfect binding+perfect quilting my colour choices are wonderfull------my only flaw is i lie about my quilting abilities !!!!!!!!!

best reply ever :)

elsiervquilter 02-22-2011 11:11 AM

Do you understand why you lie about your abilities?
I'm just curious.

elsiervquilter 02-22-2011 11:19 AM

That is a good attitude. I can imagine what quilters think of my work. But I try so hard just to be able to understand the instructions. I'm making table runners so I can learn to read instruction and put them together.

Their pretty but I am certain lots of flaws and some puckering. But I am learning.

I take two classes in one day for 7hrs. I think I will learn much.

Happy quilting! Be grateful for what we can do!

ruthrec 02-22-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sing
I don't mind that I Stitch Approximately In The Ditch, that my points don't always match, that I don't have the exact right color thread, that I can't stipple to save my life. BUT, I HATE MY PUCKERS! The walking foot, basting carefully, more tension, less tension, whatever. It is of no avail. I'm like the kid in "Sixth Sense": I see puckers everywhere.

Flaws, unless they are glaring, are what give a quilt its character. No one notices but you and me unless we tell them. I suppose that's why I rip, re-sew, try this, then that, until it reaches perfection in MY eyes...lol.

Mazda 02-23-2011 08:58 AM

Well, I am certainly NOT guilty of keeping my sewing room too neat!

katigirl 02-24-2011 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by jemma
i have perfect seams +perfect binding+perfect quilting my colour choices are wonderfull------my only flaw is i lie about my quilting abilities !!!!!!!!!

Love it. :)

tryitall 02-24-2011 07:49 AM

I really want the points to match and the seams, but other than that.....I suppose I do "OK".