Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   When do YOU call it quits?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/when-do-you-call-quits-t208848.html)

Plumtree 12-20-2012 04:47 AM

I'm sorry but that is funny ;-) Seriously, when the cussin starts the sewing stops. I do hope you are able to get your happy face on and sew something beautiful :-) I have done something similiar had to pick out the same mistake 3 times in a row, just kept sewing piece on upside down.

mawluv 12-20-2012 04:54 AM

I'm with you, hopetoquilt, I stop as soon as it's no longer fun!

KwiltyKahy 12-20-2012 05:21 AM

I hope you know I'm laughing with you, not at you. At least I hope you were able to laugh. this sounds like something I would do.

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit (Post 5730451)
So I realized that my bobbin ran out... 9 out of 12 quilt pieces ago!!

So I meticulously re-pinned them, took a time-out to eat dinner, and re-sewed them. Only to realize, that I NEVER REFILLED THE BOBBIN!!!!

I think it's time for bed...

janRN 12-20-2012 05:31 AM

Since cavemen starting sewing pelts together we've been sewing "right sides together". Yesterday I was chain piecing small cornerstones to sashing strips--yep, you guessed it. All twelve were sewn right side to wrong side. I took a cookie break, cussed, unsewed them, and then did them correctly. And, I wasn't tired or rushed or pressured--just a senior blonde moment.

Sunnie 12-20-2012 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne (Post 5730596)
I stop when the errors start piling up and I'm spending more time unsewing than sewing.

This is exactly when I quit for the day.

Toni C 12-20-2012 05:44 AM

Hahaha SOOO Been There Done That!! At the time I imagine I looked like one of those cartoon tea pot blowing my stack but now it's kind of funny in a rueful way.I also sew same upside down,backward and to wrong end pieces together...More than once

Pat625 12-20-2012 06:08 AM

When I am ready to throw the machine thru a window it's time for a break..I have lots of time to quilt since being on disability, so there is no reason to spend time on it while frustrated! What fun could that be??

soccertxi 12-20-2012 06:15 AM

I seem to be able to piece fairly late..but my DH says I cannot quilt on the frame after about 8:30. Seems I thrash around in the bed all night. Think I'm quilting in my sleep? lolol I KNOW I dream about it...

franc36 12-20-2012 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne (Post 5730596)
I stop when the errors start piling up and I'm spending more time unsewing than sewing.

Same here. Because I don't see well, I seldom sew at night.

huntannette 12-20-2012 06:43 AM

Dog darn it....been there, done that....means you need a break....lol

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit (Post 5730451)
So I realized that my bobbin ran out... 9 out of 12 quilt pieces ago!!

So I meticulously re-pinned them, took a time-out to eat dinner, and re-sewed them. Only to realize, that I NEVER REFILLED THE BOBBIN!!!!

I think it's time for bed...