Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   When do YOU call it quits?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/when-do-you-call-quits-t208848.html)

maviskw 12-21-2012 05:26 AM

My stupid thing is to not change the stitch after I have done it wrong. If I have the zig-zag stitch on and am finished with that, I put on the next piece for straight stitching and forget that it is on zig-zag. So I take the fabric out, rip out the zig-zag stitches and put it back in. Away we go - - still on zig-zag! LOL

hperttula123 12-21-2012 05:48 AM

oh goodness....time to take a break. I've done that before.

kydeb 12-21-2012 05:54 AM

Sorry but that made me smile!! I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in this boat :) Yep, that's about the time to call it quits!

MargeD 12-21-2012 06:27 AM

I've done this myself a time or two. When mistakes happen or I get frustrated, it's time to take a break, take a nap, go to bed, whatever, things will look different in the morning.

GrannieAnnie 12-21-2012 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit (Post 5730451)
So I realized that my bobbin ran out... 9 out of 12 quilt pieces ago!!

So I meticulously re-pinned them, took a time-out to eat dinner, and re-sewed them. Only to realize, that I NEVER REFILLED THE BOBBIN!!!!

I think it's time for bed...

I usually give up after about the third stupid mistake.

karate lady 12-21-2012 11:08 AM

that's almost as funny as me sitting on the pin cushion. :-) but I stop when I repeat a mistake, or start making several in a row.

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit (Post 5730451)
So I realized that my bobbin ran out... 9 out of 12 quilt pieces ago!!

So I meticulously re-pinned them, took a time-out to eat dinner, and re-sewed them. Only to realize, that I NEVER REFILLED THE BOBBIN!!!!

I think it's time for bed...

MimiBug123 12-21-2012 11:57 AM

Thank you!!!! You've just reaffirmed m sanity. I was worried there for a bit! Thank heavens we are all in the same boat. When I start talking to my machine and calling the fabric not-so-nice names, it's definitely time to stop fo the time being!

roseirish48 12-21-2012 12:09 PM

I fill three bobbins with thread before starting any new project. It's time to stop when last bobbin is empty; at least long enough to fill three more. Otherwise, i quit when i've been making the same mistake over and over, a good show comes on tv which is in different room, or Poo_Chie and Truffles come tell me it's waaaaay past bedtime!

RobertaMarie 12-21-2012 01:32 PM

Been there, done that. My Singer 9960 beeps when the bobbin is out or the needle is UN-threaded. Great asset. Just wish it would say so before hand!! Take care of yourself and get some rest. God bless you.

weasier22 12-21-2012 01:50 PM

Love it ... Isn't it great that we can all laugh at ourselves! Running out of bobbin is one of my greatest feats! Seems like no matter how often I look at the bobbin to see how close I am to running out, you can always hear me say, "oops ... ran out of bobbin!" Hope your days have been better. Merry Christmas!