Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   When are you STARTING next yeasr Xmas quilting??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/when-you-starting-next-yeasr-xmas-quilting-t84907.html)

sewcrafty 12-25-2010 05:02 AM

Well, I actually ran out of time on one gift!! Its a 101 x 108 quilt for my fil's bed!! He got the top in a box, so next week I get to start quilting it!! Oh well, didn't want to rush and screw it up, so the finished product will be just a little late! Oh embarassing!! :oops: Good intentions though.

Dodee 12-25-2010 05:05 AM

This afternoon.
We have snow - first time for gobs on years on Christmas Day. God made everything beautiful.
Dodee

reginalovesfabric 12-25-2010 05:07 AM

I have seen on emblibray.com a neat project. Putting an applique made from touille or organza on a pillar candle. I'm going to try this. My daughter wants me to make a thanksgiving and cristmas quilt for the g baby. We started a tradition in our family, I made pj's alike for all of us to wear Christmas eve/Christmas morning. So off to Hancocks/JoAnns to find Christmas fannel cheap for next year. Merry Christmas everyone....looking forward to another wonderful year on this board.

chamby 12-25-2010 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Dodee
This afternoon.
We have snow - first time for gobs on years on Christmas Day. God made everything beautiful.
Dodee

We are suppose to get some snow today as well. It is not here yet. I do pray that we get at least 3 inchs.

deema 12-25-2010 05:18 AM

I hope to start no later than August. I have three oversized throw quilts to make for next year. This year, I finished my last project as the recipient was on the way to my house for the gift exchange!!

willowwind 12-25-2010 05:26 AM

I guess I should do at least 1 new Christmas quilt per year. That may be a new goal for the coming year. I didn't do one for 2010 since I already had many. Maybe I'll catch some Christmas fabric on sale in the after Christmas sales. I can get the fabric then & figure out a quilt to make afterward.

Cathy S/Willowwind

Connie Merritt 12-25-2010 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
I already started for next year, last week. I'm making myself a new tree skirt. Found a pattern and fabric I love, now to figure out how to make a French braid and put it together.

When you figure out how-to a French braid please let me know. I love that pattern BUT I must have it blocked in my wittle brain cuz I can't put it together (probably very easy and I'm trying too hard). Thanks.
Have a blessed New Year

atvrider 12-25-2010 05:40 AM

I just finished 3 Christmas quilts (1 more row to quilt on one and then I will quilt the small one later today). I still have one more Christmas quilt to make that my husband bought last year. (I think he wants me to stay out in the garage)

Bluehouse 12-25-2010 06:39 AM

Yes ! That is what I am thinking too.....I will start right now on next year ! LOL...(we can start right in on the projects we didn't get done for this year)
I will be sure to keep you updated throughout the year on how I am doing !
Merry Christmas Everyone !

hperttula123 12-25-2010 07:03 AM

I will be starting tomorrow or the next. I've been to sick to do much and now need to clean up my house first. But I would love to have a bunch of stuff done so all I don't have to worry about this next year. I have been sick right on christmas for the past 4 years. I need to learn to get it done early!!!