Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where do you buy batting online? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-do-you-buy-batting-online-t66170.html)

Aully 09-22-2010 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by merridancer
The batting is by Fairfield. The bamboo has anti-bacterial qualities because bamboo is processed with hydrogen-peroxide to break down the fiber. It is very soft. Most underware and socks are made with bamboo. Also it's a sustainable product.

Yes, I have a store that is opening, but the website is not active yet, still in beta testing. You can look at the site at http://pele.lunarmania.com/~beaut88/, but you cannot order from it yet. You would have to pm me or send me an email at [email protected].

If you are really looking for warm, then the wool is the best. Also, it's very soft.

We take paypal and will ship all over the world.

I am alergic to wool, :( I will keep you in mind though. Thanks! :)

misseva 09-22-2010 09:55 AM

if you put the batting in a plastic bag and use vac to suck the air out it's almost like the vac bags you buy on line

SHayes 09-22-2010 10:10 AM

Marshall's dry goods has a good price on batting, but I haven't ordered from them, yet!

EasyPeezy 09-22-2010 10:16 AM

Frankly and sadly I don't set my foot in Fabricland. I hate their membership
policy and their prices are outrageous. I prefer to just buy all my fabric online.

Keep an eye on fabric.com. Sometimes they offer free shipping if you
buy for X amount so it's time to load up. :) Their prices are reasonable
and I see they accept Paypal.

gingerella 09-22-2010 10:41 AM

"Frankly and sadly I don't set my foot in Fabricland. I hate their membership
policy and their prices are outrageous. I prefer to just buy all my fabric online."

EasyPeezy - sorry, what do you mean about Fabricland? Do they require MEMBERSHIPS to purchase from them?

This store, years ago, used to be just great. But they closed the local store and I've not had occasion to shop them since.

Aully 09-22-2010 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by gingerella
policy and their prices are outrageous. I prefer to just buy all my fabric online."

EasyPeezy - sorry, what do you mean about Fabricland? Do they require MEMBERSHIPS to purchase from them?

This store, years ago, used to be just great. But they closed the local store and I've not had occasion to shop them since.

Yes you need a mebership to get the sale prices from Fabricland.

Aully 09-22-2010 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by SHayes
Marshall's dry goods has a good price on batting, but I haven't ordered from them, yet!

They don't sell 100% cotton batting, I have spoken with them. Thanks!

EasyPeezy 09-22-2010 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by gingerella

More or less. If you have a membership then you are entitled to a discount. Otherwise you pay full price. I just don't see why I should
pay a membership to buy fabric. Ridiculous.

Hindsight 09-22-2010 11:20 AM

Aully~

I purchase my 100% cotton Warm & White by the roll from Joannes.com. I don't know if they ship to Canada or if they have pay pal, but it might be worth a look. They usually have 40% off sales and sometimes 'internet' specials, where you can get an extra 15% OFF. This week batting is 40% off AND internet special of 15% off so a queen roll is only 190.00 USD. That's a great price.

Good Luck!

miholmes 09-22-2010 11:28 AM

I normally just wait until Joann's has a 40 or 50% off coupon and buy a bolt of batting. Thank works out pretty slick. :)