Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where do you sew/quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-do-you-sew-quilt-t145827.html)

jean1234 08-18-2011 08:12 AM

:thumbup: in my dinning room/some of my living room.. Store other things in hall way closet.. :thumbup:

BettyGee 08-18-2011 08:17 AM

I'm lucky in that my son's bedroom is the largest in the house and I have it for my sewing room. It is jam packed, but organized and it is my favorite room in the house. He could never move back home, it is my room now.

I keep a small TV tray by my chair in the living room so that when we watch TV at night I can do any hand sewing. Try to keep it neat as it bugs my DH if I get too much stuff on the tray.

CAJAMK 08-18-2011 08:19 AM

Hubby made himself a room downstairs now I have a very small but great little sewing room

EagarBeez 08-18-2011 08:29 AM

I have my sewing machine in my living room. I have tv and have my cutting board on the dining room table. There is just the 2 of us. Our spare room, I have my fabric in tubs in the closet. We may turn the room into a sewing room. Not bad how it is now. Not complaining

Anna.425 08-18-2011 08:41 AM

Since we moved to our current house 15 years ago I have not had a sewing room :( . I often go over to my sister's house and we sew together or I break out a card table and get busy. I had a sewing room when my DS moved out however BOING, he is back and I am sewing roomless again. Tough to be upset about it though because DS is a great guy, I miss him when he is gone and he was so nice about wanting to move back in. He didn't "need" to move back in he just needed to get out of his former housing situation and is transitioning here until October when he has a chance to move in with friends.

babindg12200 08-18-2011 08:48 AM

I have a bedroom for my sewing space. It is so cluttered, but I know where everything is. My fabric is in the closet on shelves, and more than I could store in a box. I can't go anywhere else, I wouldn't have enough room. I would love to have a larger bedroom. hehehehe

sewNso 08-18-2011 08:57 AM

this is a neat topic. lets us all see how adaptive we are. i finally have 1/2 the basement for my sewing area. for the longest it was in the dining room, but lost things when i had to put them up for family holiday dinners. my basement is only partially finished , but this yr i did get all my stash on 9x 12 in boards and FQ on 4 x 6 in boards.

i have an 8ft table that holds current scraps, needed etc, and i sew on a 4ft table. have a ping pong table for cutting table.

melissa Dove 08-18-2011 08:59 AM

My great aunt had a favorite saying, 'Neither the time, the place or the loved ones'. I often felt that when the kids were small , I had no time , now my loved ones are far away I do at least have the place( their bedrooms) and some time! Life is never perfect!

Maria C 08-18-2011 10:15 AM

HI, I have a shelf in the corner of our bedroom and before that I used washing baskets and suitcases stashed under the bed with all my bits and sewed at the dinning table. I now have this fab shelf which helps with stuff and a 'drop leaf' table which I extend when I sew and fold down when I'm not. Where there is a will there is a way. Good luck.

merchjag 08-18-2011 11:10 AM

in my spare bedroom and on my kitchen table. Would love to convert the room over our garage to a sewing room but DH is stubborn