Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Where do you sew/quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/where-do-you-sew-quilt-t145827.html)

Debbie C 08-18-2011 11:42 AM

Right now I'm set up in the smallest bedroom - we're empty nesters. My youngest will be moving her stored furniture out of a large 12 X 14 open nook of our finished lower level so I'm commandeering that space as my own in two weeks!! Can't wait - will have so much more room to set up all my machines and have a separate cutting/ironing table, too! I'll feel like a real quilter then!!

Quilting Angel 08-18-2011 11:42 AM

My DH and I have 3 bedrooms and it's just us now. So, I use one for my sewing room.

cherrio 08-18-2011 11:50 AM

on a very large kitchen table

SuzyQ 08-18-2011 12:02 PM

I actually sew in a very small nook at the top of our stairs and I have stuff in our spare bedroom. I store my fabric and WIPs in paper boxes that I get free from work. DH put shelves in the cubbyhole in our upstairs bathroom so I store books, batting etc. there. The only place I don't have sewing stuff is on our main floor except if I have an applique project I keep that, the pins and needles and threads in the clear plastic tubs that fresh spinach comes in and that is sitting on my kitchen counter. I have to be super careful about making sure our goofball pooch doesn't decide to eat anything LOL.

Susan

littlenell7777 08-18-2011 12:59 PM

On the dining table in our den. I told my DH that I would like a sewing room in the back yard. His answer: No more add ons! lol

Mary L Booth 08-18-2011 01:29 PM

I use to have everything in one room, but now I moved my sewing machine in the computer room, my embroidery and serger are in my bed rm and my sewing frame and Bailey quilter and cutting table are in another room.
Mary in TX

Val in IN 08-18-2011 01:43 PM

After many years, i have my own sewing room, but we travel alot too so I sew wherever i can when i'm not at home.

babindg12200 08-18-2011 01:44 PM

The same thing here. All my children live at least 1200 miles away.

sylviasmom 08-18-2011 01:58 PM

I have a fairly large room for my sewing. Half is for my computers and desk and the rest for my sewing and storage. One wall consist of floor to ceiling windows, lots of natural light. It even has a door to the outside. One corner is for the cats, who, of course, have to approve every bit of cloth, thread and finished quilt. Along the window wall are 3 sewing machines which fortunately are all the same height to form a cutting table. I have covered these with foam core to protect them from stratches. No rugs, carpets, just wood flooring.

mohusker 08-18-2011 02:11 PM

I am very fortunate to have a bedroom that is all my sewing/quilting room and share the computer in the room. I previously lived in a house with a large closet in the hall and it was my sewing space. Fixed it with lighting extra shelves and was able to leave my machine set up. Just turned off the light and shut the bi-fold doors when done. It worked great even if small compared to current space. Back then I was not a quilter with a large stash.