Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why do you read The Quilting Board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-do-you-read-quilting-board-t217270.html)

newbiequilter 03-26-2013 02:53 PM

I, along with many others, come to learn. This Board is obviously not just for beginners as I have seen some of the greatest quilts and quilting ever. Thank you to all who share their art and knowledge. Nowhere else have I seen a group of people jump in with assistance when a questions is asked....wonderful sharing.

QuiltyK 03-26-2013 04:38 PM

I come to the board because everyone is so knowledgeable and willing to share with others. I have followed many different threads. I look at the different links that really show me how things are done. Thanks for sharing.

jeaniedrain 03-26-2013 04:54 PM

I am fairly new to the board, and quilting. I come here every day to learn, laugh and be encouraged. Since coming here I have made blocks that I never would have attempted before. I have attempted fmq on my dsm. I think all you board members are awesome.

Bamagal 03-26-2013 05:47 PM

I, too have been quilting since the 1970s. But I have learned more here than you can imagine. You can teach an old dog new tricks and I learned the tricks here! I love it!

cricket_iscute 03-26-2013 06:10 PM

I've been very active in the quilting world for 22 years now, have taken well over a hundred classes from "big name" teachers, teach quilting locally, and have made over 400 quilts (I give most to homeless families). But I STILL learn something here everyday that I didn't know before. I appreciate the people who post and the links and information given. I come every day to see what's new and who has something to say. And sometimes I can contribute some of that experience and education I've gained. I appreciate this board and the moderators do a great job. Thank you all.

MNquiltlady 03-26-2013 06:32 PM

I love the QB, I agree with what everyone has said, I enjoy it mostly because I can read and relax and learn something alone the way-wish I could be more often-but then I'd never get anything done and I do work outside my home.

quilter1147 03-26-2013 06:39 PM

I come to this board to learn. There is a wealth of knowledge among you, and it
has already helped me immensely. Thanks for sharing your info. It encourages me
to be more - to take on challenges that I might not have taken on otherwise. :)

sailsablazin 03-26-2013 06:40 PM

I agree with everything that many others have said. However, I would like to add that this board is a POSITIVE site to be a part of. As I have read over a year or two..I don't believe that I have ever heard a negative thing on here.
And if someone is in trouble,,,there are so many others to help.

labtechkty 03-26-2013 06:44 PM

I come because I don't know anyone else who quilts...so I have to have someone to pat me on the back or smack my hands when I need it...great place to come and find out what everyone else around the world is doing quilt wise and in their normal every day lives...

Ann63 03-26-2013 07:26 PM

I love this board also. I found this board a couple years ago and have learned so much. I was hooked when I discovered other fabricholics like myself on here. This board has been priceless for me. I have learned more in a few years on this board then some people learn in a lifetime. Let's hope this board is around for many many more years.