Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why do you read The Quilting Board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-do-you-read-quilting-board-t217270.html)

Rhonda Lee 03-26-2013 06:34 AM

I absolutely love this place. It's my go to for any question or information I may need. I am retired, do not belong to a guild, am home bound because of care giving. So this place is my therapy, my social network, my school, my refuge, my cup of coffee.

Caswews 03-26-2013 06:39 AM

I have made a few friends via the board (heheh you know who you are !LOL) and to learn a new trick or two for quilting.

judord 03-26-2013 07:20 AM

Wow, that description could describe me; and I think this lady is very misguided. Anyone who thinks that they are beyond any improvement and cannot learn any more from others, is very sad. I am in my 70's and have been quilting since 1988 and I learn something new on here every day..
Judy

Fortyniner 03-26-2013 07:39 AM

I am new to piecing- just retired and needed a hobby. In addition to all of the wonderful resources and assistance, it is very reaffirming and inspiring to visit here. For example, who knew there were other people out there who have a love affair with fabric? I thought I was wierd. I love going to quilt stores now and can hardly restrain myself when I see a fabric I like. I built a stash in no time flat and really love just looking at it. Finding others who feel the same was so reaffirming. I love all of the links that are provided and am amazed at how many people respond to questions. You know the latest techniques and gadgets. I like those gadgets too. And where would we beginners be without the generous advice from experienced quilters. I would never have thought about trying to actually quilt on a domestic sewing machine, but I am inspired to think I might be able to do that one day. It is so empowering.

DJ 03-26-2013 07:43 AM

I come here mostly to see the pictures of what others have done and to be inspired. I always end up learning something new. It's also a way to help beginners with their questions. Many advantages over playing games! Although I have some games I like to play, too.

Pickle 03-26-2013 08:13 AM

I come because I like it and the people on it, who lift you up when your down and in a funk and with all the help they are ready to share. It is just a nice place to visit.

Grace MooreLinker 03-26-2013 08:35 AM

I visit here every morning it's like having morning coffee with a group of friends ,there always seems to be some new info to store up for later recall. thanks QB and freinds

gramquilter2 03-26-2013 09:01 AM

I like coming to the Quilting Board to look at all the beautiful quilts posted, the tutorials, ideas for projects, I enjoy all the comments made, etc...Everyone on here seems to have positive things to say and you can't say that for every group-It's just a fun positive place to spend time.

IBQUILTIN 03-26-2013 09:10 AM

Me too. I have gotten a bunch of people to check it out, and most have joined in. I can't imagine anyone thinking they don't need to learn more about quilting. Im not quite 70, but close, and I still have soooooooooooooo much to learn. If I ever get half of the quilts done with new techniques I will have to live to be over 100 and still quilting, but I'm gonna give it a good try

nurseart 03-26-2013 09:11 AM

I do read the board almost every day. Besides the pictures of the quilts. I am really thankful to people that give me a link to a website. I would never have found some of the URL's I have check out. I also liked following along on the sew alongs on Sundays. Although I did not sew along, it was fun reading the enthusiasm of the quilters.