Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Will you be gifting quilted gifts this year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/will-you-gifting-quilted-gifts-year-t236392.html)

#1piecemaker 12-09-2013 01:23 PM

Will you be gifting quilted gifts this year?

If you are giving quilted gifts this year, what are giving? Pictures please if you have them.

lynnie 12-09-2013 01:29 PM

YES!!!
for my cousins, I made embroidered towel sets. for their daughter, I did a tree skirt and matching pillow. for their son, I made masculine (denim and a sexy lady) potholders. I don't know him well, met him once at my aunts funeral 1 1/2 yr ago. but I can't send others gifts, and not him. made ornaments for others. I decided to make my cousins pillows for the upcoming holidays,(new yrs, mardi gras, valentines ect.) For Christmas next yr, I guess a really nice pillow, not sure yet. Getting a jump on next Christmas now when the fabs are on sale.

Tartan 12-09-2013 01:55 PM

I am doing my little I Spy for a drag along quilt this Christmas. I still think I can get it done even with having to rip out a row of quilting.

QltrSue 12-09-2013 01:57 PM

Welllll, I WANTED to make my daughter a set of placemats, runner and napkins and my DDIL a cozy lap quilt, BUT not healing from foot surgery as fast as I expected and being away for a time in the fall has kinda messed up my plans. I have all the ingredients, but the time is slipping away. Maybe I'll wrap the fabrics with an IOU (which I hate to do) will be enough. Maybe next year I'll get it right!

franc36 12-09-2013 02:21 PM

Yes! In November, I made 17 quilted tote bags for gifts. I used Jenny Doan's pattern that uses charm squares. I used Soft and Firm for interfacing and am very pleased with how the bags turned out. I am giving several quilts. Today, I am working on FMQ a quilt for my daughter. I should have it finished by the weekend. I made a Tennessee Vols quilt for my son-in-law that is at the LAQ. I hope I get it back before Christmas. Fortunately, my other quilts are ready to be wrapped.

DonnaPBradshaw 12-09-2013 03:02 PM

I finished a golf quilt for my husband and he loves it! I used minky for the back and it's very warm to boot, with the weather here in Utah at 19 degrees cold it's the perfect quilt!

AngeliaNR 12-09-2013 03:06 PM

Flannel quilts for my mom and my daughter. (Flannel nightgown for my granddaughter, but it isn't quilted.)

Neesie 12-09-2013 03:08 PM

I will be, if I can ever manage to get them finished. :rolleyes:

gramajo 12-09-2013 03:49 PM

4 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451012[/ATTACH]This is the front of the Blackhawks quilt made for my DD and SIL, using a 2013 Stanley Cup Championship T-shirt. Pattern is "Fifty Shades of Great" by Mary Howell of Top Shelf Quilts. This is a great pattern for any sports fan.
I used the back of the shirt listing all the players and some extra blocks for backing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451014[/ATTACH]
The other is for my 3 1/2yo great (grand?) niece, using a book panel from "The Elf on the Shelf". Here it's on the design wall. It is now layered and quilted. I still have to square up and bind it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451015[/ATTACH]Sorry it's sideways.

coopah 12-09-2013 03:51 PM

My mom already has her Christmas placemats that I made. One side has pictures of the Nativity and Wisemen and so on for December and the other side has snowflakes for January or to use if she doesn't like eating on the Nativity! No picture, sorry!