Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Will you be gifting quilted gifts this year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/will-you-gifting-quilted-gifts-year-t236392.html)

gramajo 12-09-2013 03:57 PM

Oops--I don't know how I managed to put the 4th picture up. That was taken while it was still on the design wall.

Sewnoma 12-09-2013 03:57 PM

Last year I managed to make 18 quilts in about 6 months - this year I am NOT making quilts for Christmas!!!

I am hand-making some artificial flowers for my grandmother-in-law (inspired by something I saw in Quilted Arts magazine) - each petal is sort of like a miniature quilt! I made a tree skirt for myself (finally), and next week (while I'm off work) I'm going to make a pair of wall hangings - one with 3 kimonos on it for my MIL, and then for my husband I'm going to TRY to make an art quilt featuring a seahorse. We'll see how that one turns out though as it will be a lot of paint and such that I haven't done before. (I bought myself some Shiva paintsticks as an early xmas gift and can't wait to try them out!)

Then if I have time I might sew up some throw pillows, but I just do a flap back on those so those go quick and easy.

maminstl 12-09-2013 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished a quilt for my sister in law - she needs some cheering up, hope this will do it[ATTACH=CONFIG]451016[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]451016[/ATTACH]

maminstl 12-09-2013 04:02 PM

don't know how I managed to get two of them on there!

quiltingeileen 12-09-2013 04:05 PM

I made 2 quilts. One for my mother-in-law and one for my son-in-law. Also am making 3 tote bags for friends.

gramajo 12-09-2013 04:08 PM

That's OK, maminstl. It's bright and cheerful enough to look at twice.

jcrow 12-09-2013 04:46 PM

I'm giving my MIL and niece each a twin size quilt for Christmas. They are still at the LAQ. I told her I needed them as Christmas gifts a few days ago and hope she gets them done in time for them to be bound. Last year I gave two of my nieces each a quilt and my MIL asked where her's was, so I made her a bright and cheerful one. My oldest niece looked hurt that I didn't make her one, so I made her one this year. I hope it makes her happy. I felt guilty I forgot about her last year. Bad me.

Jackie Spencer 12-09-2013 07:17 PM

Yes, I don't have pictures tho. I made my Son In Law a full size quilt. (Sampler) my middle daughter a queen size quilt and pillow cases (Whole Cloth) and my oldest daughter a Queen size quilt, with matching pillow shams and cases. Just have to put the binding on hers and I am done!

SlightlyOffQuilter 12-09-2013 10:18 PM

All gifts given this year are home made. None are quilts ! After doing 7 quilts last year and feeling like a lunatic I made the decision that quilts are now for birthdays only, since they are more spread out ! Aprons, Totes, Crayon Rolls ( for the kids ) , stockings and tree skirts are what I did this year !

Yooper32 12-10-2013 03:40 AM

I made "Kiss the Cook" black aprons with red polka dot ruffles on the top and at the bottom hem, also made fabric boxes for the guys and filled with candy. Have pics but no program on laptop to upload yet, old computer is not an option anymore. Waaaaaaah!