Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Will you be gifting quilted gifts this year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/will-you-gifting-quilted-gifts-year-t236392.html)

Nammie to 7 12-11-2013 07:13 AM

You all are way too ambitious for me!! I haven't made any handmade gifts this year. Well I have made American Girl doll clothes for my granddaughters. I've been working on UFO's all year and none of them are appropriate for Christmas gifts. A couple of years ago I did make quilts or throws for everyone and I'm still recovering from that!! All of your quilts are absolutely gorgeous!

Wavewatcher 12-11-2013 07:27 AM

Azwendyg. Awesome! The front and back are equally stunning.

GrannieAnnie 12-11-2013 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 6448275)
If you are giving quilted gifts this year, what are giving? Pictures please if you have them.

After 40 Christmas pillow cases for women's shelter in town----------NOPE. In fact, I need to get off here and take them in.

QuiltingHaven 12-11-2013 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, I am making bed runners for the dear friends and family. I made 7 of these (actually started out as an OSU quilt and the DH decided he wanted more of grey/white than all scarlet...sigh). I used the new OSU fabric and my own design.They can use them to snuggle up in the recliner, a table cloth for their Orange Bowl Celebrations, or really a bed runner. Here are is the picture of 4 of them.

RainyBC 12-11-2013 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My daughter in law loves everything Christmas, and having bits of Christmassy fabrics from last year, I made her a quilt. I'm just in the practice stage of quilting, so I had it longarm quilted.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451339[/ATTACH]

zzmom 12-11-2013 09:16 AM

RainyBC- your quilt is beautiful! Wonderful job.

zzmom 12-11-2013 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by maminstl (Post 6448586)
don't know how I managed to get two of them on there!

Maminstl- I love your quilt you made for your SIL. It is beautiful. What is the name of the pattern? I love the look of it: cheerful and clean. Well done!

MargeD 12-11-2013 09:35 AM

I am giving our DGD a quilt for her bed, if I can get it quilted in time. I got the top made before shoulder surgery in May, so my ability to quilt has been sorely tested; and I'm just now really getting back to quilting. I also plan on giving quilted wall quilts to my DS, DDIL and DDIL's parents, as well as a couple dear friends. I also have an order for 6 placemats from DDIL's mother, and I'm hoping to finish a lavender "Princess" dress for DGD for Christmas. Great plans, but I'm running out of time, although I do work a little better under pressure. Fingers crossed, I will finish them. Next year I'm starting earlier and hopefully will not have surgery in my future for next year, 2 years in a row is enough, I'm due a break.

GrmaHayes 12-11-2013 09:36 AM

I have shipped two quilts. I have three more quilted, two ready to go on the long arm and one I just cut out. Looks like I should be sewing instead of on the computer, hum.... I would post pictures but my kids haven't shown me how to do that yet, or my three year old granddaughter, they know more than I do about computers. lol

maminstl 12-11-2013 10:29 AM

Hi ZZ
My quilt is a free Bonnie Hunter pattern called Boxy Stars