Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wip-ufo-challenge-you-game-t85621.html)

MaryAnna 02-12-2011 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by kateyb
MaryAnna, This is a pretty quilt. Is it what is called a row quilt? Every design is great.

Yes, it's a row quilt that was done on a thread on this board, but offered by Claudia's Quilt Shoppe...we all had a great time, such wonderful people were on that thread...similar to this thread! We all were so supportive of each other...just like quilting friends are suppose to be! My great hopes (already working) for this thread!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
PS. I changed several rows, so I veered a bit from the original row by row quilt

michelehuston 02-13-2011 02:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I finally finished the bindings on 2 more quilts! Yeah!! Two more down. The pink and brown is for my newest grandaughter (12 weeks)

MaryAnna 02-13-2011 04:58 PM

Wow michelehuston, those are gorgeous! They turned out well! I love log cabins, you did a wonderful job on them! The first one is for your new GD, and the 2nd one is for....me? I love purple. Now that you've completed these, you can gear up to knock out a few more!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

kateyb 02-15-2011 05:00 PM

michelehuston,
Both of your quilts are very pretty. The purple fabric is intriguing. Like the light/dark log cabin.

Kyiav10 02-17-2011 06:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I finished the second baby quilt that I need for Sat.

It measures 27' X 27". It's a little small but I hope the mommy likes it.

Also pics of the Star Struck quilt.

Kyia

Annaquilts 02-17-2011 06:55 AM

Can I join late? Also do I have to go on a fabric diet to join? I can't do diets so i would be doomed to failure but I can do UFOs and it is on my to do list. It would be way more fun to do it with all of you then by myself.

omak 02-17-2011 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kyiav10

Kyia

While some consider your quilt a bit small, let me offer my perspective. When a child turns about two years old, he starts liking to hear stories about when he was "little" ... at that time, this little quilt will be just great for him to carry around with him. It won't drag on the ground, he will easily be able to roll it up for a pillow or whatever. I always encourage moms to have these small quilts around for use during that time, and your quilt will be great. <wave>

jme 02-17-2011 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by Kyiav10

Kyia

While some consider your quilt a bit small, let me offer my perspective. When a child turns about two years old, he starts liking to hear stories about when he was "little" ... at that time, this little quilt will be just great for him to carry around with him. It won't drag on the ground, he will easily be able to roll it up for a pillow or whatever. I always encourage moms to have these small quilts around for use during that time, and your quilt will be great. <wave>

Oh, she's so right. I just made my 2yr old a quilt and he drags it out of bed and around the house with him everywhere. Smaller size will save you wear and tear!

Kyiav10 02-18-2011 06:28 AM

Well that is great to know. Thank you both.

Kyia

MaryAnna 02-20-2011 07:07 PM

kyia, great quilts! I'm sure the mommy will love that adorable baby quilt! Glad you finished on time! Now it's time to churn out another one!
Blessings,
MaryAnna