Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wish I could see the contents :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wish-i-could-see-contents-t64759.html)

quilter on the eastern edge 09-14-2010 05:02 PM

Who do they think they are --- Playboy??? ;-)

pab58 09-14-2010 05:03 PM

I passed on a couple of magazines recently because they were wrapped in plastic, and I couldn't see what was inside. :evil: I was tempted, but then I decided to pass because I didn't want to "roll the dice" and then be disappointed. I've also passed up a QNM because it was so thin! What's up with that? If you were to get rid of all the ads they had in the magazine, you would be left with only a few pages that feature patterns and articles. I even stopped subscribing to QNM because they were getting more and more ads. :?

grammyp 09-14-2010 05:05 PM

I fine it very annoying, but do understand why they do it.

MissM 09-14-2010 05:05 PM

I agree! I won't buy a magazine if I can't preview the contents to see if it even something that is interesting to me.

deema 09-14-2010 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Okay -- I confess, it irritates me so much, I've been known to open the plastic and look........ :oops: ;-) I don't tear it up....I do it so I can put it back. If they want to sell to me, I'm looking.... Haven't been thrown out of a store yet!

I do the same thing.

Lockeb 09-14-2010 05:29 PM

I love to buy magazines - but if it's sealed in plastic and I don't look inside - then they've lost a sale.....like Fons & Porter...it drives me crazy - they have them all sealed up - I used to buy their magazine - but not any more....

Yarn or Fabric 09-14-2010 05:31 PM

I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually see preview pictures online but Fons didn't have them up so nope. Just can't bring myself to buy it.

I saw one magazine that had an absolutely stunning appliqued quilt on the cover. I'm not big in to applique although I do it and I like to think I'm pretty darn good at it and all but it was also sealed up in plastic... There was like 4 of them on the shelf that were in plastic and only one or two that you could actually look through...

I'd be even okay if they put preview pictures on the back cover if they really felt the necessity to bag it... but nope.. usually a full page ad for some company...

Sheepshed 09-14-2010 05:34 PM

I open them very neatly at the top edge and look thru them, put them back on the shelf neatly so the next person can also look at the "opened one" then buy a "sealed one" if they wish... I figure bookstores put magazines out on the shelf with intent that you pick it up and look thru it, and I have every intention of doing just that. Never had a complaint.

sewmuchmore 09-14-2010 05:40 PM

You wouldn't buy a car without checking it out, You would not buy a house without out looking through it. So why would you buy something you don't know what is in it? :thumbdown:

Linda58 09-14-2010 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
Who do they think they are --- Playboy??? ;-)

hahahahahahehehehehehe