Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wonder Clips (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wonder-clips-t244268.html)

Terri D. 03-31-2014 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by evelyn5269 (Post 6654059)
Are they worth the expense. I have never used one and priced them at the LQS and decided pins are much cheaper. If they are fabulous and well recommended I will bite the bullet. Thanks for the help.
Evelyn

Yes, they are worth the expense. If you're worried about cost, go in halvsies with a friend on a box of 50. Save your fingers!

Dina 03-31-2014 02:54 PM

I love mine. I bought the at Hancocks with one of their 40% off coupons. They are also available at Amazon and probably a lot of other places. I used to use those hair clip thins, but these work so much better for me.

Dina

Onebyone 03-31-2014 02:58 PM

They are more useful to me then pins. I seldom use pins anymore. They are great for matching seams and leave in place while sewing. No pricks and no pins to drop.

Shirlrh 03-31-2014 03:23 PM

I always use them when doing bindings.

nativetexan 03-31-2014 03:23 PM

I have used those silver clips that look like hair clips for years. love them. however, I did buy some of the red clips that were on sale. sending one pkg to a friend in England later on. I've used them and they seem fine too.
binding clips are difficult for my fingers to work with. I tend to have them go flying out of my hand!

davis2se 03-31-2014 03:40 PM

If I'm hand sewing on binding (which I don't do too much since finding the Elmer's glue binding system) I use large paperclips. They work great, and are very inexpensive.

yadroc 03-31-2014 03:49 PM

I thought they were expensive, but got some when I was in the US from Joann's. I love them, well worthy the money.

I purchased more online when Joann's had them half off about a month ago.

pinkcastle 03-31-2014 04:04 PM

I also use them for binding. I bought the package of 50 but I found that I only use about five at a time. I do like them better than pins.

PlanoDebbie 03-31-2014 04:37 PM

I bought a package of them when they were on sale a few months ago on Amazon. The only time I use them is when I'm doing my binding. They hold the binding in place really nice. The other thing I like is not getting stuck with straight pins when I grab my quilt to move it around. I do like to put at least 15-20 on my binding at a time because I don't want to keep moving the clips. I keep the container right next to me and just toss them in as I pull them off the quilt. I've never used it during any other process in quilting. I bought another package recently when Hancock had all of their notions 50% off. If you can get them on sale or use a coupon, buy them at a good price.

luvTooQuilt 03-31-2014 04:50 PM

I love mine.. Hubby got me 2 bags of 50 for Xmas.... and two bags of the bigger green ones too...

I use ALL my red ones when im binding my quilts.... even at 120 i dont have enough.. lol..