Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wonder Clips (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wonder-clips-t244268.html)

Jingle 04-01-2014 03:44 AM

I use hair clips to hold bindings when I hand sew them on. I use about six and am so happy when I have removed them to the last few stitches. Then I know I'm done.

deedum 04-01-2014 03:51 AM

I can take or leave them. My friend bought them for me for a gift a few years ago. Before them I was using binding clips. They seemed to work as well.

mengler 04-01-2014 04:00 AM

I bought a small pack of each. Haven't used them yet. I glue a lot. I figured I'd get the smallest pack of each (on sale of course:) and try them some time.

kyquiltlover1942 04-01-2014 04:07 AM

I love them. No more waiting for the bleeding to stop from sticking with pins. (I am on blood thinners, so it takes a while.) I also used them for heming some pants for my hisband and myself.

Judi in Ohio 04-01-2014 04:16 AM

I love these clips. I have 50 of the small and a pack of the larger green ones. I use them to clip my finished blocks together so I don't have to keep counting. hst, 4 patch's, 9 patches, put them in sets of 10 or 25, whatever and they are accounted for - love that. The clover clips have a lip on them that the others don't - easier to use for bindings and such.

Grannyh67 04-01-2014 04:30 AM

I love mine, I use them for lots of things. I hate using pins. I have to stick myself enough to check my sugar without getting stuck while sewing, lol.....get them with coupon at Hancocks...I have the little Red ones and the green ones, I use red ones the most

lclang 04-01-2014 04:30 AM

Cheap little hairclips from the dollar store work quite well and are lots less expensive.

pmonaghen 04-01-2014 04:46 AM

I went to Walmart...bought a box of small binder clips...(I think there were 42 in the box...about $4)...they work great...I was given a package of the Wonder Clips...but prefer my binder clips...

Quiltngolfer 04-01-2014 05:00 AM

I bought a pack of ten. That is all I need to do the binding. I just put 6 or 8 on at a time and move them as I need to.

Sewnoma 04-01-2014 05:36 AM

I love those little red clips! I bleed a lot less making quilts now that I use those instead of pins, lol!

I use them for binding, and also for assembling quilt tops - I usually put quilts together in rows and then when it's time to join those long rows I use the red clips along the whole length to make sure all my seams stay lined up.

I use them to clip notes to my quilt rows and blocks as I'm working on them so I don't mix up my pattern as I move between the design wall and the sewing machine. ("Row 1/block 7; Row 2/block 3...") As I pull the fabric down from my design wall I also put a clip on each pair of blocks on the side where the seam needs to go.

I use them to hold patterns or instructions up; I have a small wire shelf-thing near my machine and I can clip whole magazines up to it, open to something I'm using as inspiration or pattern instructions I'm trying to follow, or just a drawing of my own I'm following or a list of pieces I need to make...whatever is needed.

The big green ones are handy too - I use those to hold cut fabrics together in groups. If I have a block that takes 6 pieces of fabric, I will make "kits" for each block and green-clip them together.

They're also good for holding annoying floppy sleeves back, lol.