Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Worst quilting item purchased (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/worst-quilting-item-purchased-t266664.html)

CookyIN 07-03-2015 12:54 PM

My big Fiskars cutting mat. Doesn't "heal" correctly. Next time I buy, it's back to the ugly Omni green LOL!

CookyIN 07-03-2015 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by toverly (Post 7235369)
I have too many to name but one I particularly hate is the Fiskars Grey rotating mat.

Amen! The old yellow ones were perfect; the new gray ones are worthless as the rotating mechanism is awful.

KalamaQuilts 07-03-2015 12:58 PM

bearisgray, I don't care for the creative grid rulers either. I bought a 3"X7" one to try out and have giving it lots of use to be fair but my own verdict is in, I don't like it. Love the size though :) so I won't pitch it out

I'm with everyone else on the blade sharpeners, total waste, I may have said this already in this thread :)

bearisgray 07-03-2015 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 7246253)
bearisgray, I don't care for the creative grid rulers either. I bought a 3"X7" one to try out and have giving it lots of use to be fair but my own verdict is in, I don't like it. Love the size though :) so I won't pitch it out

I'm with everyone else on the blade sharpeners, total waste, I may have said this already in this thread :)

Omnigrid has a 4 x 8 ruler with a fine 1/8 inch grid. One of my favorites - and WONDERFUL for cutting small pieces from scraps.

julie 07-03-2015 02:27 PM

clover mini-iron, took up more space than it was worth. Also, blade sharpener. Never could get it to work right

julie 07-03-2015 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dodie (Post 7234508)
the biggest mistake is buying a pattern that uses a special tool never again as usually find I don't like it well enough to ever make another one

I totally agree with this! It's happened to me, I refuse to buy any pattern now that requires special tools.

Chasing Hawk 07-03-2015 02:42 PM

Mine was that purple free motion thing. Comes in two pieces or sizes. I have it stash away taking up space.

Mitch's mom 07-03-2015 04:58 PM

Pounce Pad and Chalk. Why a person with asthma would think it is a good idea to buy something that puts puffs of powder in the air... Stupid me.

Supreme Slider. Thing wads up as soon as it can.

Trangle rulers and a ruler to cut off points. Really. Such a waste of money.

I used to hate my June Taylor Shape Cut but one of the members here showed me the error of my ways. I love the thing now and even bought the one that does a full width of fabric.

scrappy happy 07-03-2015 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Homespun (Post 7233570)
Me, too. Money wasted on a blade sharpener.

me wasted my money on 2 of them ,

ukdame 07-03-2015 05:34 PM

Yep a blade sharpener at $30 a few years back- useless. Still have it and plenty of expensive scissors that need sharoening badly.