Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Worst way you've seen your good sewing scissors mistreated? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/worst-way-youve-seen-your-good-sewing-scissors-mistreated-t127218.html)

great aunt jacqui 06-01-2011 10:24 AM

cutting the plastic off to get to the item. Using 1 blade to slice the skin on a banana.
NOW They are hidden with a red ribbon on them. and yellow caution tape on the bag they are in.

quiltsRfun 06-01-2011 10:28 AM

When my kids were at home I kept my sewing scissors under lock and key. Now that they're grown and gone DH knows better.

bearisgray 06-01-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Hubby used mine to cut the grips off his golf clubs.

Hmmmmm - is he still living?

Vickymomof6 06-01-2011 10:31 AM

I caught my daughter using them on Floral wire!!!! These were my best gingher scissors. I thought I would die right there, but alas life does go on and we do get over these things...

Vickymomof6 06-01-2011 10:33 AM

sewobsessed1 I just read your post maybe we should get these kids together!

fayzer 06-01-2011 10:55 AM

I have 2 pair of Ginghers that my son used to cut wire! He recently bought me a brand new pair of Ginghers. He had a 24 year grace period before he bought the new scissors. Those old scissors are still hanging around and we use those for paper or whatever.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-01-2011 10:58 AM

My story is this:
3 boys- never touched my scissors b/c they KNEW not to. ( they certainly were not angels but knew certain things lol)
1 husband- so ADD that he doesn't think, just grabs whatever is around.
So............ my scissors are never where he can get to them LOL

Tink's Mom 06-01-2011 11:02 AM

My boys and husband learned long ago not to touch them...
My son's ex girlfiend is the last one to abuse my scissors...I came home from work to see her on the living room floor wrapping christmas presents...I was tired and went to my sewing room and sat down and noticed my Ginghers weren't there...son came up the stairs at that point and I showed him the scissors were missing...I told him to get HER out of the house, NOW...
She still has no clue...she knew no one was to use anything from my sewing room.

Ramona Byrd 06-01-2011 11:03 AM

One time we were teaching the kids to be carpenters. One 16 year old daughter wanted to build a roll top desk and was doing quite well until I caught her holding nails with my scissors, my GOOD, EXPENSIVE scissors to hold a nail so she could pound it into the wood!!!
I suspect my screams made our big Dobermans rush to hurl themselves into the dog house, and the cat flew up the nearest tree.
Needless to say, no one ever used them after that. Besides, they are still hidden, even though I now live alone.

One of these days I just might find them.

Rebecca VLQ 06-01-2011 11:05 AM

Gah! Callouses? GOLF CLUBS???

I gave up and bought a new pair after it was obvious hubby was using mine to cut paper and the clear plastic to separate laminated sheets. I used sharpie and wrote "PAPER" on the bad ones so they'd know if they had the right ones in hand...

CALLOUSES??? Really????