Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Would you take this deal? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-you-take-deal-t213192.html)

tngal22 02-08-2013 05:12 AM

I am going tonight to look at it. I plan to get all 8 boxes and about 60 zippers. I have some ideas for the velvet and some friends already said they would like some too. So if I cant use it, someone else will.

solstice3 02-08-2013 05:16 AM

If you have the $$to spare ...go for it. You can always share the things you don't want or sell them

lillybeck 02-08-2013 05:16 AM

I would have to pass on this deal. It sounds like a lot of things that you may not use. Why not spend that 60 dollars and buy what you know you will use.

QUILTNMO 02-08-2013 05:31 AM

dont think i would do it but that is just me i dont make alot of crazy quilts or bags

Debbie C 02-08-2013 05:57 AM

"It's taken me a long while to be able to turn down fabric, but I have found it's better to be choosy..."

I could not agree with you more, Willferg. I used to be so excited when I'd come upon big lots of 'stuff'. Then I realized my place became the new 'storage bin' for all these unnecessaries. I now only buy what I love and require.

tngal, I hope it's all you hope it will be and I'm glad you have friends to split it up with. Who knows? A beautiful tapestry crazy quilt just may emerge from all this!! Post photos!!

alisonquilts 02-08-2013 06:40 AM

About a year ago I was looking for teal velvet to use in a quilt for my daughter. Couldn't find it anywhere. If you decide you just don't need the teal velvet pm me, and we'll talk!!

Alison

luvstoquilt 02-08-2013 06:59 AM

I personally would grab it. I have a disease which is commonly known to a lot of quilters...My name is Sharon and I am a "Fabriholic"! I would buy it for the older fabrics since I LOVE vintage fabrics. I would bring it all home and spread it out and just roll around on it! Peach would be right there with me!

tngal22 02-08-2013 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 5846938)
I personally would grab it. I have a disease which is commonly known to a lot of quilters...My name is Sharon and I am a "Fabriholic"! I would buy it for the older fabrics since I LOVE vintage fabrics. I would bring it all home and spread it out and just roll around on it! Peach would be right there with me!

lol...The vintage part intriqued me too as I haven't found any around here. My mom is excited to see it all too.

BTW, my hometown is Yorkville, TN...lol It is a super small town of about 300 people.

Carol34446 02-08-2013 07:45 AM

I would be really intersted as I love the color of the velvet and velvet in general and go throught it all and find homes for what you don't want.

tngal22 02-08-2013 09:12 AM

I love to sew everything, from quilts to clothes to bags to pillow covers, so I am sure I can find something to make out of these. I am also excited about the zippers, I have seen those as she had some for sale on her shop. They are 7" and 9" so they would make good tote zippers or pouches.

I will try to take pictures tomorrow (or tonight) and let ya'll know. ;)