Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ya know, I just found out.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ya-know-i-just-found-out-t188066.html)

yngldy 05-04-2012 04:57 PM

"About a month ago, I thought I'd bought a little tub of strawberry Philly cream cheese, but when I searched the fridge for it a day or two later, I didn't find it. LAST NIGHT, I opened my spare lid drawer to get a lid for a circle pattern----------there's a tub of Philly Cream Cheese -----------Strawberry flavored in the corner of the drawer."

When I was pregnant I would put the ice cream in the cabinet!!

virtualbernie 05-04-2012 05:00 PM

I've done that too! I've also flipped my ruler so that the dots were on top when I was cutting and didn't realize it until the ruler slipped :mad:

Tartan 05-04-2012 05:10 PM

Of course once you peel them off the top and put them on the ruler bottom the adhesive won't hold. Look on the bright side....maybe you'll need another trip to your LQS for more dots and fabric.

Kitsie 05-04-2012 05:23 PM

Huh? I can just peel them off the top, toss them, turn the ruler over and put some more hot glue on the bottom, can't I? I already did and all is well!

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5194281)
Of course once you peel them off the top and put them on the ruler bottom the adhesive won't hold. Look on the bright side....maybe you'll need another trip to your LQS for more dots and fabric.

sahm4605 05-04-2012 06:15 PM

just remember not to touch the glue till it is good an dry. had a cat that was interested in a hot glue gun and learned that hot glue is an aowwieeeee. she burned the bottom of her paw and two wiskers melted. (I felt sooooo bad for her)

Divokittysmom 05-04-2012 07:00 PM

Yep, totally something I would do!!! I had heard rubber cement dotted on the bottom works too. I don't have that but sure have a glue gun!! Great tip. thanks for sharing it... and your boo boo...

GrannieAnnie 05-04-2012 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 5194096)
Obviouslt I'm not the one to help you, Grannie!

Are you sure it's a week of Mondays, or just Friday the 13th once a week?

GrannieAnnie 05-04-2012 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by yngldy (Post 5194240)
"About a month ago, I thought I'd bought a little tub of strawberry Philly cream cheese, but when I searched the fridge for it a day or two later, I didn't find it. LAST NIGHT, I opened my spare lid drawer to get a lid for a circle pattern----------there's a tub of Philly Cream Cheese -----------Strawberry flavored in the corner of the drawer."

When I was pregnant I would put the ice cream in the cabinet!!

I'm going to guess that is far less successful than putting the ice cream in the fridge part.
I'm just old. Maybe the 3 pregnancies wiped out part of my brain?

lfstamper 05-04-2012 07:25 PM

Too funny. I have been using small dots of sandpaper. It really grabs!

Tartan 05-04-2012 08:51 PM

Sorry Kitsie, my dots were peel and stick from my LQS. I missed the all important word "HOT" in your post.:)