Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ya know, I just found out.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ya-know-i-just-found-out-t188066.html)

OmaForFour 05-05-2012 06:22 AM

I never heard of that trick before. I will try it. Glad you discovered which way to use the glue. LOL LOL LOL

bunbytes 05-05-2012 06:30 AM

At least you can peel off the hot glue dots on the wrong side of the ruler. I was infamous for sewing my sleeves inside out when I first started to sew. Rip, rip, rip! I now triple check before I sew sleeves. Now I can mess up on other things!

Kitsie 05-05-2012 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 5193909)
that using hot glue dots on your ruler really works well as non-slip devices....IF YOU PUT THEM ON THE BOTTOM OF THE RULER AND NOT THE TOP!! :(

And another thing about hot glue dots….

…to stop rulers sliding – They also help to get a smooth cut over seams.
I like to use a 3 x 9” ruler to trim pieces but found that the ruler would “spin” or move too easily if it had to go over a thick seam. I tried to push down on the ends so that the ruler would curve. The ends would touch the surface but after cutting 20-25 times my hand was aching and the cut was wavy!

Discovered by accident that the glue dots on the end corners of the ruler allowed it to stay level over the seam and not slip. Now I put them on all my small rulers. :thumbup:

bunbytes 05-05-2012 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605 (Post 5194432)
just remember not to touch the glue till it is good an dry. had a cat that was interested in a hot glue gun and learned that hot glue is an aowwieeeee. she burned the bottom of her paw and two wiskers melted. (I felt sooooo bad for her)

LOL My youngest son, now almost 24 was like that as a toddler. Don't touch the crock pot, honey, because it gets very, very hot. Yep, he reached up to make sure I was telling the truth! While helping me make brownies, I had him on the other side of the counter away from the stove. Don't touch the burner, it will burn you because it's very, very hot. Yep, had to try that out, too. It only took two times for him to figure out that Mommy was telling the truth! His curiosity and tenacity have taken him far, but not without some owies!

denveremerson 05-05-2012 07:02 AM

Thanks for the tip. I've tried Invisigrip, the little silicone dots, sand paper dots, all to slipping , sliding and frustration. This is certainly worth a try.

PKGranny 05-05-2012 07:13 AM

I had to laugh at that. Reminded me of the time I was sure the store didn't bag my shampoo. I found it on the cash reg. receipt, so knew I'd paid for it. Well, guess what, I found it a few days later in the refrigerator. Good thing the kids didn't hear about this!

GrannieAnnie 05-05-2012 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by ncredbird (Post 5195067)
It wasn't the pregnancy part that fried my brain but rather the raising of 3 boys and 1 girl. Then you kick in the menopause fog and it is a disaster in the making. Amusing sometimes but mostly just irritating. Ann in TN

Thank God, I usually have the ability to laugh at myself. I opened the cream cheese and it smelled okay-------but the dog got it,

QuiltnLady1 05-05-2012 08:26 AM

LOL -- Glad I am not alone. I bought some rotary blades and tore the sewing room apart trying to find them. I found them after buying more -- in the freezer. :)

Kitsie 05-05-2012 08:29 AM

I swear I'm going to make an "O Crap!" document folder but I'm afraid my multi-gigabyte computer doesn't have space!!

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 (Post 5195592)
LOL -- Glad I am not alone. I bought some rotary blades and tore the sewing room apart trying to find them. I found them after buying more -- in the freezer. :)

Momma_K 05-05-2012 08:54 AM

Well, I just think this is a "Sticky" Situation!! Ha! All good tips ladies! :D