Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   yellow brick road (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/yellow-brick-road-t144619.html)

Dina 08-12-2011 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I only used 6 fabrics in mine.

gollytwo 08-12-2011 12:47 PM

I MADE LOTS OF MISTAKES ON THE ONE I MADE. MY FRIEND, A NON QUILTER FOR WHOM IT WAS MADE AS A WEDDING PRESENT DIDN'T KNOW AND LOVED IT.

All those caps a mistake
It's a very forgiving quilt; doesn't matter how you assemble it.

katz_n_kwiltz 08-12-2011 01:11 PM

wow yours is beauuuutiful!!

jaciqltznok 08-12-2011 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sue38
I have all my pieces cut out and am about to put the quilt together. But, I cannot figure out the directions for placement of all the pieces. I can't believe people say this is an easy quilt. My neighbor and I are each doing one and neither of us understand the directions. Can someone out there please help. This is the yellow brick road quilt.

sometimes it is very easy to OVER THINK this quilt...take it one step at a time and do not worry to much about the placement at first..it will all come together quite easily!

sue38 08-12-2011 02:11 PM

Thanks to all who replied to my problems with the yellow brick road. I guess as long as the squares measure 91/2x91/2 I can't go wrong. I try to hard to be perfect in my quilt making and it drives me crazy. Besides, it takes a lot of the joy away from quilting.

lindy 08-12-2011 02:12 PM

Maybe you should set it aside for a while and do something else. If you get too frustrated you might give it up completely. Life's too short to stress over a quilt top!

Quilt Girl 08-12-2011 02:23 PM

beautiful quilts shown.. I would like to try this pattern some day. I'll watch out for the directions ... thanks for the "heads up"

quilttiludrop 08-12-2011 02:40 PM

Thanks to all who replied to my problems with the yellow brick road. I guess as long as the squares measure 91/2x91/2 I can't go wrong. I try to hard to be perfect in my quilt making and it drives me crazy. Besides, it takes a lot of the joy away from quilting.

That's right. All your finished blocks measure 9-1/2 by 9-1/2 inches. There are 3 different kinds of blocks that you are making out of all the different sizes of rectangles that you have cut.

qbquilts 08-12-2011 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Here's mine that I made. Don't worry about about perfection in quilt making. If it's not perfect, it's a design enhancement! Mine has design enhancements. I challenge anyone to find them!

YBR with design enhancements :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240715[/ATTACH]

MM 08-12-2011 05:08 PM

I've spent more time on the layout of this quilt than anything else I've made. Yes, it's easy enough to cut and sew the individual blocks (if you pay careful attention to the directions and keep your wits about you), but the final placement of all the blocks is up to you...and I've found that placement to be torture. There's always one block I want to move and that starts a domino effect of moving blocks. Still don't have it sewn together!