Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   yellow brick road (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/yellow-brick-road-t144619.html)

luckylindy333 08-12-2011 05:15 PM

Very pretty design. Thanks everyone for posting pictures. It is always fun to see one pattern made up a bunch of different ways!

jaciqltznok 08-12-2011 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by MM
I've spent more time on the layout of this quilt than anything else I've made. Yes, it's easy enough to cut and sew the individual blocks (if you pay careful attention to the directions and keep your wits about you), but the final placement of all the blocks is up to you...and I've found that placement to be torture. There's always one block I want to move and that starts a domino effect of moving blocks. Still don't have it sewn together!

do it and take a digital pix of it..as long as you don't seem GLOBS of the same hues, or prints together, you are good to go...

denise8556 08-13-2011 03:54 AM

I did not find this pattern easy either. I finally decided not to make it and did something else.

haylillan 08-13-2011 05:07 AM

i like that term ( design enhancements) if your not making show quilts but for your enjoyment don't stress over it just enjoy doing them

CaliPatti 08-13-2011 05:11 AM

I like the way this version turned out. Nice job!

Jennoh2 08-13-2011 05:22 AM

This was my first quilt several months ago. I hated it - and still do. There is an error in the pattern layout, look hard and you will find it; especially if you are making the queen sized quilt. Also, I used way too many fabrics. Good Luck, and I hope yours turns out beautifully and you love it.

CaliPatti 08-13-2011 05:30 AM

I like your attitude with the design enhancements!! That's the way to go, lay it out in a way that's pleasing to your eye and it should be fine. I know I spend way too much time over analyzing all parts of my quilts and they always turn out fine. I know where the mistakes are but no one else can ever find them!!

starshine 08-13-2011 05:30 AM

I did one a few months ago,my first twin quilt, and the largest one I've made so far. I followed the directions step by step, including the tip to circle the number in the directions for each step for the size being made-that tip helped especially in making the units. The layout is up to you, but there also was a tip to turn units in different directions,and that helped to create a variety or random placement. I would agree with the suggestion previously mentioned to just do each step. If it is the layout you are having trouble with just remember it is random, don't try to make a pattern.

Maureen 08-13-2011 05:39 AM

I tried it when I was a nubie on flannel. It was a disaster and is still sitting in my closet. I know I could do it now but I just cant bring myself to look at it!!!

CaliPatti 08-13-2011 05:43 AM

Oh come on, be brave. It will be a piece of cake now that you have more experience. Sometimes hearing that everyone else had the same trouble with it will make you realize it's not you and it'll be easier.