Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You could have knocked me over with a feather!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-could-have-knocked-me-over-feather-t228215.html)

QuiltnLady1 08-20-2013 05:34 PM

I buy some fabric from Joann's and knew I could return it but have not had a need (if it does not work for one project it will for another - sigh). I have taken a piece back when I discovered that it was faded in a strip that made a significant part of it unusable.

ArchaicArcane 08-21-2013 09:04 AM

I wonder if any of the fabric shops here are the same. Does anyone know?

I bought fabric for my first quilt from Fabricland. It was their house brand, and poor quality, but I didn't care much, since i didn't expect much from that quilt. The fabric was unevenly dyed and mis-dyed in spots. I didn't see it until it was washed and on my cutting table. I cut around it, because I knew I'd bought more than I needed, and was relatively sure they wouldn't take it back.

Then I bought some from Marshall's (not the Marshall's you have in the States). It was 108" wide, but that doesn't matter much when you find holes in the center (probably corresponding with the fold line) after washing.

I'm going to make a mental note to ask the next time I'm in each of the stores. I don't buy much fabric at FL anymore if I can help it, but I still buy rulers and notions.

narnianquilter 08-21-2013 09:08 AM

I thought about returning some after an online order. I think the fabric didn't match, but then I ended up finding something to use it for. I think it's a good policy to have!

Mousie 08-21-2013 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by orangeroom (Post 6241092)
I've heard of this. However, usually within 10 minutes of me getting home, the material is cut. I've never contemplated returning material. I've sat back at the end of a shop hop and thought "Oh boy! I sure did buy a lot." Never did the thought enter my head "I should return some, or this or that!" NEVER!!!

I need read no further. I have NEVER returned a piece of fabric of any kind. I don't think the ability is in my gene pool ;)

Mousie 08-21-2013 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by narnianquilter (Post 6247195)
I thought about returning some after an online order. I think the fabric didn't match, but then I ended up finding something to use it for. I think it's a good policy to have!

ohhhh....now if there is a problem,....that IS a good reason to allow returns...your right. never say never :thumbup:

michelleoc 08-23-2013 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by kydeb (Post 6243161)
I'm guilty of having returned a book when I got home and found out that I had already purchased it!! I guess I really liked that one! LOL

I do that with quilting magazines! My memory isn't what it used to be...

Pat Haywood 08-27-2013 07:16 AM

I once returned some micro fleece that I bought for a baby blanket. I washed it about 6 or 7 times and it continued to fuzz terribly. I was afraid to use it for a baby so I returned it. They knew it was washed and accepted it with no problems.