Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You know the stash might be too large when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-stash-might-too-large-when-t40518.html)

dizzy 03-26-2010 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Okay ladies, You know your addicted and your stash is too big when:

You go to a garage sale and think nothing of buying more fabric even though you have NOWHERE to put it.

9yds of cotton knit
14 yds of fabric for clothing
2 yds of flannel
64 yds of cotton prints and solids
all for $10.00
2 quilting books for $1 each

Wish me luck on getting it put away. Does anyone out there have or know where I can find a room stretcher?

I also bought 20 vintage hankies for a butterfly quilt but they were at an estate sale and considerably more.

Ya he lives next door.He is doing handy man projects putting himself thru nursing school.So he can keep his house an Dodge
mini van.So far he's staying afloat so far.He's also a good welder.jack of all trades.An god going on finding some place to put all of it.I'm the same way in my sewing room i'm wall to wall in a16x11 room can't get anything else in there.

jljack 03-26-2010 02:52 PM

Ha-HA!!! Sounds vaguely familiar.....like maybe I remember that fabric squished down in the corner....maybe not????

garysgal 03-26-2010 03:25 PM

Talking about leaving your stash in your will...
In town, our antique store got a huge load of quilting stuff from a man whose wife had died and he didn't know what to do with it, so he gave it to them to sell it for him. You wouldn't believe what she had, it looks like a fabric shop in the antique store. Books, fabric, patterns, rulers, etc and that was only the quilting part. She was also a crocheter and did crosss stitch. Everything was marked really low and a lot went, but I stopped in today and there is still so much. It's like having a quilt shop in the store. I told my husband, if I die first, after the girls take what they want, take it to Janet, she'll know what to do!!

Sharon321 03-26-2010 04:00 PM

My best quilting buddy and I have informed our men to call the other one to handle it. Knowing them they would sell at 10 Cents a yard. And throw my machines away.

littlehud 03-27-2010 08:33 PM

Is there such a thing as too much stash. I don't think so.

JanetM 03-27-2010 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by garysgal
In town, our antique store got a huge load of quilting stuff from a man whose wife had died and he didn't know what to do with it, so he gave it to them to sell it for him. You wouldn't believe what she had, it looks like a fabric shop in the antique store. Books, fabric, patterns, rulers, etc and that was only the quilting part. She was also a crocheter and did crosss stitch. Everything was marked really low and a lot went, but I stopped in today and there is still so much. It's like having a quilt shop in the store. I told my husband, if I die first, after the girls take what they want, take it to Janet, she'll know what to do!!

Take it to Janet Yaaaaaa!

Olivia's Grammy 03-28-2010 02:57 AM

[quote=JanetM]

Originally Posted by garysgal

Same here, Only instead of "Janet" take it to my sewing guild. I have three girls, but only one sews.

yourstrulyquilts 03-28-2010 07:36 AM

There needs to be a way to designate our stuff after we croak. My BFF and I have talked about this a lot! She has in excess of 70tubs of fabric, plus closets, dressers, and filing cabinets. I have no where near that much. Point being, our daughters don't quilt and If one of us doesn't get there first the DD is going to call Goodwill!. What to do?

YTQ

Fox 03-28-2010 08:59 AM

It sounds like we need a good quilting-lawyer to help us through all this!

aliaslaceygreen 03-28-2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
When you find a pretty material you "just can't live without" , only to get home and find you already had 3 yards of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raising hand in shame!! (Goes to prove you CANT live without it!! )