Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You know the stash might be too large when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-stash-might-too-large-when-t40518.html)

mbunny 03-23-2010 08:45 PM

You find pieces, clearly cut to create a particular block, but don't recall every purchasing or seeing the fabric, much less what block pattern you intended to make.

I tried to tidy up the sewing room tonight and ended up with my eyes glazed over. I should never buy fabric or thread again...

craftybear 03-23-2010 08:53 PM

Hi,

Oh my sounds like you found lots of cool fabric. Look at it this way you will have tons of fabric to work with.

Happy Quilting

LucyInTheSky 03-23-2010 09:26 PM

Nods. I've recently learned how to go shopping in my closet. So much stuff I don't recall buying - and it tricks me into thinking I got new stuff

Gramof6 03-23-2010 09:48 PM

:D I may forget my kids names or what I had for dinner but I don't forget my fabric. :D Priorities ya know. :wink: Just kidding about the priorities. I can remember buying which fabric on trips with girfriends back in '97, but do not ask me what I bought the kids or grands for their Bdays last year. No joke!

Lady Crafter 03-23-2010 11:57 PM

Gramof6 ... I'm with you! I pretty much KNOW where a particular fabric is too! I have a large home (4 BR, LR, DR, kitchen, 2 baths, family room). There is NO room left untouched by fabric or books. One of the bathrooms is under renovation, so the unusable sink has become a shelf for quilt books! :-) Thankfully, the kids are grown and gone or they'd be sharing their space with my addiction. :-)

Gramof6 03-24-2010 12:14 AM

We have an extra bathroom in which the tub & shower is never used, sooooo cases of batting are stored in the tub behind the shower curtain. :D

raptureready 03-24-2010 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
Gramof6 ... I'm with you! I pretty much KNOW where a particular fabric is too! I have a large home (4 BR, LR, DR, kitchen, 2 baths, family room). There is NO room left untouched by fabric or books. One of the bathrooms is under renovation, so the unusable sink has become a shelf for quilt books! :-) Thankfully, the kids are grown and gone or they'd be sharing their space with my addiction. :-)

I'm with you! I too have a large house, 4bdrms, 2bth, 2 kitchens, 2 livingrms, 2 dining rms, full bsmt, full attic. The upstairs is my sewing room. When guests come they have to sleep among my fabric and I make no excuses. The upstairs living room is where my quilting frame is set up and it's off limits to everyone but me. The dining room is set up like a living room with fabric as are the two bedrooms. Dressers, closets, they're all full of fabric. Going upstairs is like walking into a fabric store. The downstairs doesn't have fabric since I have to share it with DH and DD. LOL

Rebecca VLQ 03-24-2010 04:47 AM

Yeah, I need to rearrange the fabric shelf so I get that little :thrill: of finding something I already have....

raptureready 03-24-2010 04:49 AM

When you consider building on to the house to accomodate it. Until then it's just right.

johnniesgirl 03-24-2010 04:51 AM

I had to laugh when I read "you don't remember buying the fabric or for what". That happened to me this week. Real pretty fabric but I don't remember buying it at all. Maybe the quilting fairy left it in my stash