Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You know the stash might be too large when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-stash-might-too-large-when-t40518.html)

Ninnie 03-24-2010 04:54 AM

When you find a pretty material you "just can't live without" , only to get home and find you already had 3 yards of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oklahoma Suzie 03-24-2010 04:55 AM

I would say that I know most of my fabric, just never can find it when I need it.

MNQuilter 03-24-2010 04:57 AM

Wow! I'm jealous of those of you with stashes like that! I have one tub with fabric that isn't even full, yet! Most of it is smaller pieces that I've picked up here and there. Enjoy using all that fabric ladies! It's fun to look through what I do have and try to plan!

watterstide 03-24-2010 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
When you find a pretty material you "just can't live without" , only to get home and find you already had 3 yards of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i do that with rulers..i really need to quit buying gadgets that i probably already have!

raptureready 03-24-2010 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide

Originally Posted by Ninnie

i do that with rulers..i really need to quit buying gadgets that i probably already have!

If you're ever at a garage sale and find one of those old metal "catepillars" that we used to put our record albums in get it. They make great storage racks for all your rulers (except the little ones) and keeps them where you can see what you have.

raptureready 03-24-2010 05:37 AM

When you question if it could really ever get TOO large.

When you loose your child in it and can only hear a faint, "Mom?"

When you have to move 10 tubs of fabric to get to the shelf of fabric and see if that one particular piece is where you think it might be.

When you look at pictures on this board and think, "Oh, I have that fabric, and that one, and that one, and that one, and . . . . "

Lady Crafter 03-24-2010 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
When you look at pictures on this board and think, "Oh, I have that fabric, and that one, and that one, and that one, and . . . . "

:lol: :lol: SOOO true! This past weekend my guild had a charity quilt-in (for national quilting day). Everyone was working on charity quilts, and I recognized more than one fabric in almost all the quilts. One quilt was from the mauve and blue craze .... yep .... I had those too!

kygirl 03-24-2010 06:13 AM

A stash may be too large, when recently I found enough turtle fabric to make 2 full size and a lap size quilt, and still have more.

elliemay 03-24-2010 06:41 AM

LOL sounds like me.. my prob is we only have one bed bungalow, dining room is never used as such.. so its dining table for machine, had an alcove free so got son in law to line it with shelves.. then spent fortune on boxes, and baskets to hold my stash, and i have a 3 drawer plastic cabinet on wheels which is stuffed, saw a linen basket the other week in a sale and thought' that will hold my batting'.. so its not just fabric i end up stashing.. its the containers to hold it all!!

sewcrafty 03-24-2010 06:59 AM

After not going into my stash for awhile, I was going "Oh I don't remember this and I really like this! What was I going to make with it?" :lol: Then it took me to my books and it started all over again. Bags of batting, etc. OMG! Still I can't stand to pass up fabric that calls my name, but I just have to have it!! One day I'll get this and this would go perfect!! Is one day going to come!! :lol: :lol: