Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You Know You Are a Quilter When. . . . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-you-quilter-when-t1098.html)

mpeters1200 05-30-2007 01:19 PM

I'm really surprised he didn't respond to that!! I've had a few lengthy posts with him before. He is really smart and he does things with math that I certainly don't get.

oh and

You know you're a quilter when you have a macy's size inventory of shoe boxes all filled with 4" hexagons made of scraps for that grandmother's garden you are going to make someday when you have enough fabric.

patricej 05-30-2007 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
I'm really surprised he didn't respond to that!! I've had a few lengthy posts with him before. He is really smart and he does things with math that I certainly don't get.

he does things with math he doesn't get either.

:wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Flying_V_Goddess 05-30-2007 03:09 PM

You know you're a quilter when...

--You were a poor math student in high school, yet you are able to figure out exactly how much fabric you would need to make a quilt you've planned out.

--You think you can run the little handheld thingy (that spits out the price stickers) they have at the fabric section of your Wal-Mart just because you've seen it at work so many times.

--You've gone to a friend's house to stay one night there and you bring your quilting stuff (quilt project, graph paper for ideas, etc.)..."just in case".

--You got fabric for your birthday.

mpeters1200 05-31-2007 06:34 AM

That birthday one is definately right. I got 10 completely mismatched fat quarters last week. WOOO HOOO. No clue what to do with them yet, but my stash needed fed.

vicki reno 05-31-2007 06:39 AM

My daughter gave me several peices of flannel for Easter. Her Dad got candy but I got fabric. I think I got the better deal! Plus I ate his candy :lol:

ceannastahr 05-31-2007 06:42 AM

Good for you he didn't need the candy anyway. My 2 favorite things fabric and candy to give me energy to use the fabric

DebJ 05-31-2007 08:44 PM

When they come out with the first "Quilted Northern" commercial and you call them to say what they are showing isn't quilting but knitting. And they fix it! I did call about this.

LouiseWW 06-01-2007 11:12 PM

This machine is pretty cool. It's an automatic felting machine. It works great when you're felting wool roving onto a base of wool felt. It takes much less time then a hand felting tool, but the machines are very expensive. I have lots of fun felting. but I'm not rich enough to buy a mchine. It's never occured to me to try felting dryer lint onto fabric, but it sounds like fun. I think I'll try it.
Louise

Carla P 06-02-2007 12:09 PM

When... You barter for items in yardage amounts vs. dollar amounts... :D

Marybeth 06-04-2007 06:26 PM

There is a method I found to make crazy quilt blocks where the backing is used dryer sheets. I made one for the quilt ministry at my church and it is definitely the best smelling quilt ever :)