Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You'll be jealous... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/youll-jealous-t192460.html)

calmarek 06-24-2012 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344375[/ATTACH]
I met her last year at the San Diego, CA quilt show. She is sooooo friendly! I bought her book "Birds in the Air" and she signed it "Feather your nest with quilts!" From there I stopped at her store in San Marcos, CA and bought the fabrics to make that quilt. Here is a picture of it.

ladyredhawk 06-24-2012 11:05 AM

how funny, not quite what i dream about.........LMAO What a beautiful I love it.

Caswews 06-24-2012 12:46 PM

ahhh one day I will meet the legend !

captlynhall 06-24-2012 01:08 PM

I spotted her across the room at her booth at the Houston IQF last year. It was my first time at the show, and I was such a newbie, I was too timid to approach her. I feel a little more confident this year, so maybe...

memah24 06-24-2012 02:06 PM

QUOTE=calmarek;5313458][ATTACH=CONFIG]344375[/ATTACH]
I met her last year at the San Diego, CA quilt show. She is sooooo friendly! I bought her book "Birds in the Air" and she signed it "Feather your nest with quilts!" From there I stopped at her store in San Marcos, CA and bought the fabrics to make that quilt. Here is a picture of it.[/QUOTE]

I love your quilt. I've had a chance to meet Eleanor Burns in Houston in 1998 & Pudacah 2011. Took a picture with her both time, but somehow deleted the one from Paducah show. I showed her my picture from Houston and she said, "we have changed quite a bit". She was a lot thinner, but I think I am heavier. I enjoyed her tent show and shop. Wish I had more $$$, her prices were great.

Bobbiespann 06-25-2012 03:02 AM

Wish I had one of your dreams!

I was having a wierd dream the other night - someone stole my lovely new Horizon ......and I fell out of the bed lol! Nothing broken and my machine was right where she belongs. It was a rather rude awakening.

nstitches4u 06-25-2012 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by hsweany (Post 5307663)
I went to a quilt show with Eleanor Burns! Last night in my dreams. ;)

If you ever get a chance to take a class with Eleanor (outside of your dreams! lol), don't hesitate to do it. She is one of the best and most entertaining quilt teachers I have ever met. We learned so much and laughed so hard. I hope to get a chance to take another class with her. I had just had eye surgery 4 days before the last one and I was sewing with one eye. lol. That was a real challenge!

Janis 06-25-2012 08:59 PM

Did you know that in July (19-21) Eleanor is being inducted into the Quilters Hall of Fame in Marion, Indiana? I went to the QHOF a couple of years ago and took a class and she was in it too. She sat at my table! I did take a picture of her but didn't think to get her autograph. I also attended a lecture that she gave that year. As you say, she is so sweet and down to earth.