Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Your dream machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-dream-machine-t222189.html)

alleyoop1 05-25-2013 07:40 AM

A long arm for my quilt frame.

Luv Quilts and Cats 05-25-2013 07:46 AM

I want a Janome Horizon. Some friends have one and they love it. There is a dealer about 20 minutes away that we frequent. He gives free lessons with every machine purchased and wonderful at answering questions and helping with problems. Not sure when I will get it, but I am slowly saving for it. The Janome I have now has a foot pedal and I can't wait not to have that any longer! Although I do love the Janome I have now, I am ready to move up and keep this one to take to classes. And, I want a Singer Featherweight, but have not even begun any research on looking for one. It's a dream I guess.

mcwillia 05-25-2013 08:09 AM

EllieGirl is absolutely correct about the Brother Dreamweaver. I got the sewing/quilting version. In addition to the features EllieGirl listed, the Dreamweaver has a touch pen that is used to tell the machine where to stop and adjusts decorative stitches to be completed before the stop point. The decorative stitches can be combined. Would you believe it sews sideways and on the diagonal at the push of a button? The machine has videos so you don't have to find the manual for help. Don't remember how to put in a zipper? The "?" button brings up a menu with technique instructions for sewing and quilting. It can be programmed to be put into sleep mode or shut itself down when you aren't paying attention to it. The optional programmable foot is a must in my opinion. With a quick tap of my foot, the machine can cut thread, take one more stitch, reverse or needle up/down.

Put the DreamWeaver on your wish list. It blows everything else on the market out of the water. The pricing is not outrageous and the machine is so user friendly. There is a learning curve if you want to learn all that the machine is capable of. But you can just jump in and start sewing. Hubby has decided he will have to fend for himself while the DreamWeaver and I are bonding.

Dolphyngyrl 05-25-2013 08:22 AM

I already have my dream machine in the brother dreamweaver xe. It has all the features I love needle down, thread cutter large harp, stadium lighting, excellent straight stitch, a laser to assist in stitching, the muvit foot to handle difficult fabrics, pivoting feature, this is only a portion of my machines capabilities, I just wish it didn't come with such a steep price tag

bearisgray 05-25-2013 08:27 AM

I'm starting to have serious machine envy!

For those of us that still have to 'made do' - one can do some nice piecing on any machine that has a decent straight stitch!

Dolphyngyrl 05-25-2013 08:31 AM

I also agree that the dreamweaver blows everything else on the market out of the water. I'm also going to stick up for my little one the SQ-9050 has been a dream to take to classes, best little piecer, pieces as good as my big baby IMHO, just missing a lot of wonderful features but the dreamweaver is close to 35lbs so not a machine to lug around so my little one travels everywhere unless its a class on FMQ or embroidery I take my little one.

QuiltinginSD 05-25-2013 09:52 AM

I have my dream domestic machine, a Janome MC 6600. I'd love to have a longarm, though, and I've been eyeing the HandiQuilter Avante. Too bad it's out of my price range!

Sewnoma 05-25-2013 11:10 AM

I have a 6600 too and I love it...looking at the 8900 but there are some plusses and minuses to upgrading. I guess my dream machine would be a combination of the two!

jcrow 05-25-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by willowwind (Post 6083886)
I already have it, its my Bernina 830, does everything but cut out the pieces for me. I do wish, however, it was easier to learn to operate. I took 6 weeks of classes on it but don't use half the features on it. I said it'd be the last machine I ever bought. I also wish I had more room on its table & a bigger studio. Wish on . . . .

I have the same machine and it does everything that Shelby wants but it doesn't cost what she wants to pay for it. You are lucky you took 6 weeks of lessons. I've taken about 5 lessons only. My dealer is 2 hours away from me, over mountain passes that get snow in the winter, so I can't go there as often as I'd like. But this machine does just about everything!

aborning 05-25-2013 12:26 PM

Mine would be the Bernina 440 QE --with a 16" throat!!! Wouldn't that be awesome?!?!