Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Your dream machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-dream-machine-t222189.html)

bigredharley 05-25-2013 03:09 PM

Ellie Girl - I have the Baby Lock Crescendo and it has all that too - are they basically the same machine? Mine was $3500 and I'm ecstatic with it......but I kinda wish I had gone with the Ellisimo Gold for the embroidery too...a girl has to dream!

IrishNY 05-25-2013 04:14 PM

I want a machine that doesn't require a bobbin but allows the bottom thread to come from a spool of thread like the top. No more filling bobbins or having one run out. Wouldn't that be great?

SuzieQuilts 05-25-2013 09:19 PM

I already have my dream machine, its a Bernina 820. Several years ago, Bernina serveyed sewers and asked what features they wanted in a sewing machine, and the 800 Series was designed from their suggestions. I too, do not use all of the features, right now it is sitting on my quilting frame. It does not bother me that I do not know or use every stitch, yet, as I do not ever see myself wanting another machine, and plan to grow into the machine, as I have a lot of sew left in me.

Kris P 05-26-2013 04:26 AM

If money wasn't part of the equation, I'd have a fully computerized Gammill on a frame large enough for a King, and a top of the line sewing and embroidery machine. Of course, this would mean I'd also have a huge house with a studio just for my sewing and a house keeper, so I wouldn't be bothered with housework or cooking. We can all dream. In the mean time, I'll just keep plugging away on my Janome 6600.

BuzzinBumble 05-26-2013 05:18 AM

My hubby made my dream machine come true this winter when we went and bought a Janome Memory Craft 7700. It is fabulous! Watching Leah Day's videos and reading what she had to say about it is what got me interested.
My other dream machine is my vintage Singer 301 for straight stitching. Love both of these machines!

Friday1961 05-26-2013 07:06 AM

@Shelbie: your dream machine would be mine, too. You've designed a great sounding machine!

I don't understand modern machines. I received the Brother Innov'is 450Q for Christmas. It has some nice features--fancy stitches, needle returns, needle threading, thread cutting, etc. But the needle is hard to thread manually; you can hardly get to it, it's so far below the curve of the upper part of the machine. Putting on the walking foot requires a screwdriver. And to fill the bobbin I have to take it out, put it on an old fashioned bobbin filler, and rethread the machine to fill it. On my old -- and much maligned Singer Touch 'n Sew, I fill the bobbin right in place! No rethreading my machine, no taking the bobbin out and replacing it. Why didn't Brother take advantage of this neat trick? Is it patented by Singer? Also, I can attach the walking foot without using a screwdriver; I just loosen a thumb screw. Singer had many forward thinking ideas years ago that today's machines are not taking advantage of.

Sometimes new is not necessarily better, is all I'm saying!

Friday1961 05-26-2013 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by IrishNY (Post 6085087)
I want a machine that doesn't require a bobbin but allows the bottom thread to come from a spool of thread like the top. No more filling bobbins or having one run out. Wouldn't that be great?

That would be great! Can't believe some machine designer has not thought of a way to do it yet!

Grammy K 05-26-2013 08:34 AM

I already have my dream machine, its a Bernina 820. Love love love this machine!!!!

IBQUILTIN 05-26-2013 08:45 AM

I would want a large harp, auto threading, bobbin warning, alphabet capable for labels, speed control to slow me down and not get eyelashes, lots of light and a foot pedal I don't have to chase all over the room. Oh, Gee, my Viking has all these features, and I love it.

Christine27 05-26-2013 09:12 AM

Innaova long arm with robotics.