Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Problem with Bernina 770QE ! >

Problem with Bernina 770QE !

Problem with Bernina 770QE !

Old 03-28-2020, 05:46 AM
anonymous

I personally would not try to open such a high end machine. Some warranties can be in jeopardy. The (Janome) shop I worked in saw many machines opened and then people were unable to get them back together. Definitely call your shop.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:01 AM
anonymous

Does your foot correspond to the stitch plate you are using? The machine will not stitch if it thinks you will hit the stitch plate. Just a thought.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:03 AM

umm...I have one of the new 570's and they are fickle....ok...not fickle...but smarter then me.....they don't let things happen that can damage your machine...more then once....I have been frustrated because my machine would not sew only to find I was in programming mode or had not selected the right foot, stitch plate, or needle in the left column on the machine....I assume you have already turned the machine off for a bit and then turned it back on? Just double check all those settings...took me a while to get the hang of making this machine stitch!
Old 03-28-2020, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

I agree. My 770QE is a lot smarter than me.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:20 AM

Have you checked to see if the needle up/down button will work? If it works, then something else is the problem. It sounds odd and frustrating. I know the screen on my machine is so sensitive, and random touch will change a setting. I would also go into the settings and change that particular setting and then see if anything changed. Then set it back to your setting. Good luck....
Old 03-28-2020, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by summitbay View Post
Does your foot correspond to the stitch plate you are using? The machine will not stitch if it thinks you will hit the stitch plate. Just a thought.
Yes I checked that and all is well.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I agree. My 770QE is a lot smarter than me.
You need a degree to work these computerized sewing machines now days. I think I’ve had all the basics figured out for awhile though so no idea what this could be. Luckily it waited till I got done with a quilt, blanket, bibs, burp clothes and onesies for a new grand baby though! Maybe it was just tired.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Barb2018 View Post
Have you checked to see if the needle up/down button will work? If it works, then something else is the problem. It sounds odd and frustrating. I know the screen on my machine is so sensitive, and random touch will change a setting. I would also go into the settings and change that particular setting and then see if anything changed. Then set it back to your setting. Good luck....
Thanks I checked and the needle up/down button does not work either. Checked all settings and everything seems to be set. Guess I’ll call for repair! Thanks.