Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Problem Sandwiching Quilt?  I think I have an answer! >

Problem Sandwiching Quilt? I think I have an answer!

Problem Sandwiching Quilt? I think I have an answer!

Old 04-06-2017, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

One LA here does a lot of business basting together the quilt $20 - $30 dollars each. She isn't a very good LA quilter but does basting just fine!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

Where there's a will, there's a way. So glad you found a solution to your situation. What a great idea.
peace
Old 04-06-2017, 11:55 AM

Can someone tell me what is the board method ? Or direct me to a youtube please ?
Old 04-06-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
When the day comes that I can't bend over the bed anymore, I may take my quilts to the church hall and put two or three long tables together and sandwich that way, standing up.
I do layouts on a bed and raise it insanely high with cheap bed risers from Bed, Bath, Beyond. I have the 7" ones and then use some wood blocks beyond that. Not the most stable arrangement if you need to get up onto the edge of the bed, but it allows me to reach straight across without bending. Sort of like "the princess and the pea." My cutting table, where I baste, is similar.

I damaged a disc once, basting for a few hours with just a modest bend, and lost months to it. I never saw it coming.

hugs,
Charlotte
Old 04-06-2017, 07:19 PM

It really bothers me that I'm complaining about a problem like that, but there is absolutely no doubt that it's one of the worst pain I've ever had -- I spent 2 days in bed because of it. Having already had two cervical spine and two lumbar spine surgeries -- I just can't do that Now, I should be able to sandwich my quilt without serious problems.
I hope that this same remedy will help someone else!
Old 04-07-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
Can someone tell me what is the board method ? Or direct me to a youtube please ?
I think this refers to Sharon Schamber's method of hand basting a quilt...no crawling on floor, no bending over a table... it is just genious! She has an older and a newer YouTube out...just look for Sharon Schamber hand baste quilt.... It's the method for me for even more reasons... she'll explain it... good luck!