Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The problem with UFO's is..... >

The problem with UFO's is.....

The problem with UFO's is.....

Old 02-05-2011, 07:44 PM

Sorry...one more thing about UFOs? How do they multiply so fast??? And where do the instructions go??? If I can figure out these questions and the one about where the matching sock goes in the dryer, I will consider my life fulfilled...lol:)
Old 02-05-2011, 09:03 PM

I have to get these UFOs under control. I am trying so hard to do them one at a time......
Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by CircleSquare
A couple of years ago, my guild had a UFO swap. We were to take the UFO we received and make SOMETHING out of it, even if it was a postcard or a tote bag, and then return it to the original giver. It was such fun!
Now that's a great idea!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:14 PM

I'm going on a quilt retreat in a couple of weeks and the first two projects I am going to work on are UFO's. I am determined to finish these two. One is a quilt top that is all pieced just needs about 6 figures fused and machine appliqued. The other is a block of the month that I bought at least 12 years ago. Wish me luck.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:14 AM

I agree. Why is it that when we get distressed with a project, put it away, in a plastic bag, and not think about putting some clue inside as to how to finish it or what it was? A page number , pattern info, magazine date and page, anything. We only have ourselves to blame. It's weird how much alike we all are. People gathering here from all over the world doing the same things. Mind blowing.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:06 AM

lol, I haven't reached that point yet. Still building my stash. Have fun folks.... :) If someone was not smiling when they first come to this quilt board for sure they are before they leave. I love the wonderful warm humor generated in these rooms. Blessings all :)
Old 02-06-2011, 10:22 AM

Well I made a new UFO yesterday I cut out a new miniature quilt Cut out 150 squares 100 of them I cut 1 1/2 inches fifty of them I cut 1 3/4 inches needless to say they all need to be 1 3/4 I am trying to make a miniature of a large quilt my friend made from her scraps and I dont have enough of three of the fabrics to recut OMG, what do I do now but put it away
Old 02-06-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by jayelee
Well I made a new UFO yesterday I cut out a new miniature quilt Cut out 150 squares 100 of them I cut 1 1/2 inches fifty of them I cut 1 3/4 inches needless to say they all need to be 1 3/4 I am trying to make a miniature of a large quilt my friend made from her scraps and I dont have enough of three of the fabrics to recut OMG, what do I do now but put it away
So just cut them all 1.5 and make a smaller miniature! :-D
Old 02-06-2011, 03:01 PM
QM
Power Poster

My UFO problem isn't that one. Since I design almost all of my quilts, there is never a kit or instructions issue. However, it is not uncommon that when I start on a UFO, I've used one fabric for something else. Last week, I decided it was time to finish this quilt, but could not find the border fabric. I had bought all the quilt store had and used it in a couple other projects. Then, while looking for a part of another UFO, I found it. By then, of course, I'd bordered and quilted it. Yugh!

Daiwabo pinwheel partners.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123109[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-123104.jpe  
Old 02-06-2011, 03:29 PM

I misplaced the binding on one of my UFO's I want to finish for the UFO challenge. Now I need to find something else that will work. The funniest thing is that I cut and pieced it from stash fabric in one day in 2003. It is a big goose on a pond block that was either in QM or QN. Saw it, pieced it, and then got stuck on the machine quilting, so it has been flying in space ever since. Moved two times and don't remember seeing the fabric on the last move.