Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: That Purple Cushion

I have a nice office desk chair and never had this problem.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    tried it and i really did not like it. i just bought a new chair made out of 'bungy' cords or that is what it looks like. my legs and back don't ever hurt now i think it just gives great support. got it at the container store but i have seen it other places
    Patski
    always learning

Quote Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
    Would a hemroid donut would just as good? I found one on Amazon.com for $6.00. Looks comfy. http://www.amazon.com/Hemorrhoid-Hem.../dp/B001V9X4G6
    I was a "preacher's kid" growing up and at one church we had a man who would get there right before services started and stand there and blow, blow, blow his donut up! Then....at the final "Amen", he would pull the plug....p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p! Of course, being kids! LOL! I could write a book, hee, hee!

can't sew without it. can sit for hours without any problems with lower back pain( from car accident) forces me to sit without slumping

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I drooled over the Gypsy Balance Cushion for a long time but just couldn't justify the cost. I found something very similiar at either Walmart or Meijer. It is made by Danskin and it works just as well. It is a balance disk and it helps strengthen your core muscles. My sides and abs were sore for the first week that I used it but I have no problems now. It is sold in the exercise equipment area. The best part is it cost about $13-14!!!
    Thanks. $14 sounds a lot better than $25.

Dee
    To me, they look like they would be uncomfortable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Plenty of ladies in my guild have used the purple cushion and none of them liked it. I use a revolving padded seat cushion designed for the car. I love it, like having a swivel chair. Wonderful at retreats and classes. Here is a link to a similar one. Do a search and be sure to read the reviews. $15-40. (Get one with a removable washable cover.)

http://www.activeforever.com/p-161-c...t-cushion.aspx
    Actually, I've been looking for one of these FOR my car. When I have lots of errands to run, the getting in and out of the car just wears me out. I think I'll give this style a try for my car and my sewing chair.

I love mine! I highly recommend it.

Blog Entries
    I bought that purple cushion (The Gypsy SitUpon) recently. And I love it. I am a tall person with lower back problems. This helps with both. After getting used to it, my back (and butt) don't hurt after a sewing spell anymore.
    The best part is the added height. I use my machine on my dining room table, and by adding the height of the cushion, I'm finally at the right ergonomic height for using my machine. That might be part of the resolving back issue too.
    I have found that I put a cloth over the nubbies though, as they tend to feel pokey after a while. Maybe I should just use that as a sign to get up and stretch ??
    I used to be "hot", now it's just "hot flashes!"

I think I'll look around for a bargain one, or at least try it somewhere. Thank you, all.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Plenty of ladies in my guild have used the purple cushion and none of them liked it. I use a revolving padded seat cushion designed for the car. I love it, like having a swivel chair. Wonderful at retreats and classes. Here is a link to a similar one. Do a search and be sure to read the reviews. $15-40. (Get one with a removable washable cover.)

http://www.activeforever.com/p-161-c...t-cushion.aspx
    Very cool. I am getting one of these for my mom for Mother's Day. She has back trouble and getting in and out of a car is tough. Hope this will help her. Thanks for sharing.
    Linda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2