Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Purple Oliso Iron >

Purple Oliso Iron

Purple Oliso Iron

Old 01-06-2016, 06:02 PM

Default Purple Oliso Iron

I just bought an Oliso Iron from Joanns on sale for 79.00. It is purple, I looked on the net and haven't seen a purple one, am wondering if it is a new color or a Joann color or? Also does anyone know how long they may last? So far it seems to be quite nice. How do you like yours?
Old 01-06-2016, 06:29 PM

I have a yellow Oliso that I bought last summer. I had used a Laura Star steam generator for about 10 or 12 years so it took a bit of getting used to to go back to a regular iron, but I really like my Oliso.

Here's the purple Oliso from their website http://www.oliso.com/olisor-smart-ir...100purple.html

It appears to be a limited edition. I'm not sure what the difference is other than the color though.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 01-06-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:58 PM

The main difference is in the sole plate. There are a lot more steam holes in the purple one. The yellow one is designed to be flatter, but still deliver just as much steam. They claim that it will give a nicer finish to your fabric by preventing "dimples" from forming where you pressed and there were all the tiny steam holes. Also, the yellow ones (1600 model) have a 1.25" longer cord.

You can click on each model here (http://www.oliso.com/smartiron/)to look at the pics of the sole plates.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:54 AM
Power Poster

My friend has one. I like it. She's had it a few years now.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:37 PM

Bree 123, that is interesting thank you. I know there are a lot of holes but I can't see how you would leave dimples unless you left it on there for a while in one spot. The holes are so small that they don't get caught in my fabric, and roll the corners back, which is great, that is the problem I have had with all of my other steam irons, including Rowenta's. So far it is working well, I had wondered how long they will last because how they go up and down, makes me wonder if that will wear out fast. Thank you for the link. I do know that the big yellow pro one has a larger waster container so you don't have to fill so much, I would assume. Thanks also for the link.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:46 PM

Bree123 I went to the link and see that both the yellow pro and the purple one have the same amount of water, shows you what the lady at Joanns knows about it.lol So that is good, lots of water! My cord is a bit shorter, but since it is much longer than what I had before it is good. I see the pattern for the steam is different too, very interesting, thanks again for the link.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:57 PM

The water reservoirs are the same. I've never thought much about all the holes except for the fact that more holes means more stuff to clean if the anti-calc function stops working. It is Oliso that claims that fewer holes means fewer dimples in your fabric. I have no idea whether that's actually the case or whether it's just some clever marketing ploy so they can charge more money & claim it's an upgrade.