Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Puyalllup Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival >

Puyalllup Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival

Puyalllup Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival

Old 10-13-2018, 01:43 PM

Default Puyalllup Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival

I'm considering having my DH drop me at this fest for a few hours while he works in Parkland. Is there enough to do to spend a full 3 hours? I've heard it's great, then I've heard it's small and boring...so... I would be on my own since he'd pick me up and we'd head to other business. I don't see any classes that I'm super intrigued by, but I am interested in looking at the Juki and Janome sewing machines, and, of course, I'd enjoy seeing other merchandise, even though I don't need a stitch of fabric or thread ;-). Are there enough vendors to window shop for 3 hours on Thursday between 10:00am and 1:00pm?

https://quiltcraftsew.com/puyallup.html
Old 10-13-2018, 01:50 PM

I'm going with a lady or two from my small group, because of time commitments and personal responsibilities we are going on Thursday. Chat with me in Private Messages and I'll let you know more and maybe we can meet up, won't have our plans down until after Tuesday small group but I'd guess we'll be there mid-day.

I haven't ever gone, it's mostly a way for vendors to sell stuff and I'm cheap. I'm looking at it as a way to get out of the house for a bit and there are a couple of vendors I'd like to visit and maybe even spend some cash. Plus, since I'm trying to use up stash and not in the quilt shops I miss out on a lot of new stuff and tools and so want to see what's out there nowadays.

There are some classes, some free and some paid, that should make it easier to spend more time. It wasn't easy nor intuitive to find the schedule but if you click on the link for "past programs" and then find the upcoming event, there is a PDF there that lists the classes and schedule. Also the vendor list.

BTW, if you ask Pacific Fabrics will give you a free ticket. They know it as "Rusty Barn" but they figured it out from my request for the "expo thing in Puyallup this month".
Old 10-13-2018, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I'm going with a lady or two from my small group, because of time commitments and personal responsibilities we are going on Thursday. Chat with me in Private Messages and I'll let you know more and maybe we can meet up, won't have our plans down until after Tuesday small group but I'd guess we'll be there mid-day.

I haven't ever gone, it's mostly a way for vendors to sell stuff and I'm cheap. I'm looking at it as a way to get out of the house for a bit and there are a couple of vendors I'd like to visit and maybe even spend some cash. Plus, since I'm trying to use up stash and not in the quilt shops I miss out on a lot of new stuff and tools and so want to see what's out there nowadays.

There are some classes, some free and some paid, that should make it easier to spend more time. It wasn't easy nor intuitive to find the schedule but if you click on the link for "past programs" and then find the upcoming event, there is a PDF there that lists the classes and schedule. Also the vendor list.

BTW, if you ask Pacific Fabrics will give you a free ticket. They know it as "Rusty Barn" but they figured it out from my request for the "expo thing in Puyallup this month".
I will PM you. I am a bit of an independent shopper, ha-ha, but it would be fun to see your face and say hello. You seem so incredibly sweet. I've already got the ticket from Pacific Fabrics (wow did that place change since I was there last at the Overlake located store) and have seen the program. I found it while looking for the past program! soooo.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:54 PM

There was enough the last couple years to keep busy for several hours. Because I have problems geting around, I plan to go 2 days and do 3 - 4 hours each day.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by ArlaJo View Post
There was enough the last couple years to keep busy for several hours. Because I have problems geting around, I plan to go 2 days and do 3 - 4 hours each day.
Thank you!
Old 10-13-2018, 08:19 PM
DJ

Everyone is different, but I, personally, wouldn't have any problem. There are places to sit down, though, so if you are worried about it, I would suggest you bring a good book or some knitting or something to keep you busy if you end up having to wait for your DH.